+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 233 of 421 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I wasn't necessarily saying we SHOULD'VE gone back in for Doidge.
    My only point was that DM would in most cases go back in for a player that he'd recently bid decent money for (by our standards).
    IF he had £250k available to spend on a player (as he clearly did last year), I'd have thought he'd have gone back for him.

I could be wrong, and will await the end of the window, but I think I've heard DM say about a dozen times in this window, he was looking at freebies/loans and that no money was available.

I basically don't trust the board, especially Milne.
    to say that Kingsford wouldn;t affect the budget is lies IMO, pure & Simple.
    Just be honest FFS
    If clubs like Arsenal & Spurs had their budget affected by a new stadium, why wouldn't we (and I get that they're on a different levels of finances etc, but the basic principle of putting money aside for a stadium still applies)
    The point I was making was that Cosgrove came good and negated the need for that type of forward. I wasn't referring to Main.
    Spending 2 to 4 hundred k is not going to buy much in today's market. A good Bosman on a higher wage is probably better. We got our fingers burned with that waste of space Forrester and to a lesser extent May. Transfer fees in themselves or a lack of them is not necessarily indicative of a reduction in overall playing budget was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The argument being that it would be much better for the fans if we don't sell him.

Much much better when you think about it.
    I agree I would rather we didn’t sell him and kept him for as long as we can.

The modern fan is so caught up in the English league money game that they would see it as an achievement to join the club for a moment and play at big money transfers.

Well, have a lap of honour at that while weakening the team you have to watch every week.

Perhaps a club like ours will always have to sell our better players but the fact that they will use the money to destroy our club makes it a ridiculous thing to want to happen.

Some money would have been available last season due to the uptake of AberDNA. This season coming what is the uptake likely to be? I'm not renewing and the majority of people I know who had it last year are not renewing. 75% maybe renewing??? Less than that or more than that??? Or about 75% as a total figure of sales as against last season?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah but when we signed GMS,Christie and Hayes it didn’t exactly have people rushing out to buy season tickets.

We hopefully will sign a creative type player although it’s looking more likely to be a young player on loan from England.
    True - I wasn't particularly responding to the point about drawing crowds, just making a more general point that we don't really have much in the way of exciting, creative players at the moment - they at least make the football a bit better to watch.

I reckon you're probably correct in that we'll sign a young winger or attacking midfielder on loan from a reserve team down south. Hopefully more Maddison than Monakana.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    True - I wasn't particularly responding to the point about drawing crowds, just making a more general point that we don't really have much in the way of exciting, creative players at the moment - they at least make the football a bit better to watch.

I reckon you're probably correct in that we'll sign a young winger or attacking midfielder on loan from a reserve team down south. Hopefully more Maddison than Monakana.
    I think we will as well, last minute. Maybe from Chelsea. They have players on their books that they don't even know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I think the most important question that requires answered is has it convinced you to renew your red tv subscription ?
    Good response....No, I haven’t.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Some money would have been available last season due to the uptake of AberDNA. This season coming what is the uptake likely to be? I'm not renewing and the majority of people I know who had it last year are not renewing. 75% maybe renewing??? Less than that or more than that??? Or about 75% as a total figure of sales as against last season?
    I think this will be the main reason our budget is restricted this season. Could be a net £200 shortfall here. I have seen no information but I bet you anything our season ticket sales are down as well and when combined with finishing fourth instead of second (£400k shortfall?) we could be looking at more than a million down on income versus last season so not surprised we are shopping at Lidl so not spending money on transfer fees

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Happy clapper

Page 233 of 421 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast