+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If we signed Jones, Hastie and Davis we would be delighted.

If we signed Stewart then McInnes would be delighted.
    If we had 4 or 5 times the budget we do, & signed Jones & Stewart, I’d not be happy.

Very possibly, although all I can remember of Jones was his fanny dive at Dens Park which that whingeing paranoid prick Clarke fails to take into account when bitching about his team’s persecution by referees. I think Hastie may have scored at Pittodrie in our 3-1 win, but was pretty absent otherwise, and Davis is cheap, available and of The Persuasion to appeal to the base prejudices which abound at his new place of work. He never impressed me during the EBT years.

It looks like they’re fishing at the shallow end, curtailed by cashflow.

There's been post upon post on these threads about how Sevco are spending money they don't have (nobody really knows) so surely this is a sensible approach?

I couldn't care how they get on against Celtic, I'm more interested in how we get on against them. As things stand, they are looking better off than we are.

Unfortunately they aren't going anywhere.

There's been post upon post on these threads about how Sevco are spending money they don't have (nobody really knows) so surely this is a sensible approach?

I couldn't care how they get on against Celtic, I'm more interested in how we get on against them. As things stand, they are looking better off than we are.

Unfortunately they aren't going anywhere.
    Sensible perhaps, but we’re dealing with the entitled WATP expectations of Brer Hun here.

If Morelos and Tavernier, for example, are sold as has been rumoured, their replacement with own-label budget brand subs, especially if they don’t spark instantly, will have the scum grumbling as the vicTims pull away again as they’re bound to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If we had 4 or 5 times the budget we do, & signed Jones & Stewart, I’d not be happy.
    Good point RST

Hastie's done nothing yet so who knows if he's going to be good or not.

Jones is nothing special. I thought Killie was his level.

Davis is at the end of his career

If we had any aspirations of winning the league title, then I wouldn't think these players would be at the level presently to achieve it.

... And they're welcome to Stewart. Even if he does well with them, for whatever reason, when he plays for us he's average at best...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Hastie's done nothing yet so who knows if he's going to be good or not.

Jones is nothing special. I thought Killie was his level.

Davis is at the end of his career

If we had any aspirations of winning the league title, then I wouldn't think these players would be at the level presently to achieve it.

... And they're welcome to Stewart. Even if he does well with them, for whatever reason, when he plays for us he's average at best...
    Bingo. For whatever reason, Stewart was a square peg in a round hole at Pittodrie. We saw flashes but seriously.....if the filth’s secret weapon is Greg Stewart then 10 in a row is in the bag.

Once the manky goblin Morelos jogs off to a championship team for dramatically lower than they want, that will be a pretty ****ing ordinary bunch of players. They just have more ordinary players than we do when teams hit an injury crisis.

If we could get the lad Horgan in next season I think he'd fit in well.

This. A far better team than we were over the season

Cue the "aye but fa pit them oot the cups brigade"

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    This. A far better team than we were over the season

Cue the "aye but fa pit them oot the cups brigade"
    “far better off” on/off the pitch.......hence they can entice players that we can’t afford......when the once michty were michty....Mr Donald allowed our management o be able to compete/dominate.

Anyway, hopefully this bloody haar lifts in the riviera.

SF

Page 66 of 421 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast