+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 421 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

The Summer Transfer Window

Well well well being that January Transfer window has slammed shut on us and it was such an amazing window for us and a very entertaining thread on here, I can hardly wait for the next one.
    To think that our management and recruitment staff work so fkn hard behind the scenes TWO windows in advance its amazing they manage to cope and come up with such superb bits of business.
    So what do you think will happen in the up and coming summer transfer window?

I'll start us off.
    All the loaned or borrowed players that we have will return to their parent clubs
    All Aberdeen's players that have been put out on loan or borrowed to other clubs will return to Pittodrie.

And that will probably be that because as a football club we appear to have absolutely fk all ambition

SF

Next summer:

Big Shug signs up to replace the departing McKenna and is made captain. Despite being ridiculed for several seasons now, I'm vindicated as it's classed as a masterstroke by McInnes.

The McKenna money is spent immediately on pie ovens for the new ground.

Other signings include Pawlett, Smith and Rooney but we miss out on Kenny McLean and Hayes again. We were also "close" to signing Ronaldo.

Stewart decideds to give England one more shot then signs for a Turkish club leaving us up shit creek at the last minute as usual.

Fraser decides he's achieved all that can be achieved in football and retires.

Despite looking like a poor transfer window...Reynolds returning is hailed as a "new signing" in some quarters.

I fully expect more loan signings and very little in the way of money spent. It’s the Aberdeen way.

To state the obvious.

Massive rebuild on the cards

Potentially GMS gone(if not already), Shinnie gone, Wilson gone, Stewart gone, Lowe gone, Hoban gone, Ball gone, and unfortunately I would say McKenna.

Borrows plug holes but when your actual players contracts run out and add to the number of departures it throws up a f@cking huge issue

The summer will huge for McInnes and arguably his biggest transfer window ever but at least he was planning for it last july. At least he has a head start

But I suppose they could just run another DNA campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The summer will huge for McInnes and arguably his biggest transfer window ever
    Seems to be a bit of Déjà vu there

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I fully expect more loan signings and very little in the way of money spent. It’s the Aberdeen way.
    Oh and I forgot to add there will be the customary "ALMOST" signing again.

What a pile of sh1te

Sick of it pal, fkn sick of it

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Seems to be a bit of Déjà vu there
    Has he ever lost 8 of his first team in one swoop? That's the potential scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Has he ever lost 8 of his first team in one swoop? That's the potential scenario
    Would need to look back, so will do that later, unless others are inclined.
    That said, first team names that are still contracted to be here next year: -

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ferguson
    McGinn May McLennan
    Cosgrove

So we need to replace as a minimum a CM for Shinnie.
    We do have Gleeson, but I'm not counting him yet as a first team player due to his fleeting usage.

Granted we need more depth and arguably some more quality, but I also seem to recall that there have been recent seasons where it appeared we were losing more first team players

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Would need to look back, so will do that later, unless others are inclined.
    That said, first team names that are still contracted to be here next year: -

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ferguson
    McGinn May McLennan
    Cosgrove

So we need to replace as a minimum a CM for Shinnie.
    We do have Gleeson, but I'm not counting him yet as a first team player due to his fleeting usage.

Granted we need more depth and arguably some more quality, but I also seem to recall that there have been recent seasons where it appeared we were losing more first team players
    Its the depth that that im getting at. You look at us now. We are a bitty bare. Lose 8 players potentially and its an uphill battle straight away

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Oh and I forgot to add there will be the customary "ALMOST" signing again.

What a pile of sh1te

Sick of it pal, fkn sick of it
    It won’t be long before Milne or McInnes come out and say we couldn’t do a deal to improve the squad and we just go with what we have. The DNA cash is paying for Lowe (just because he is a popular player as such) and we turned down a big money bid for Scott McKenna. Greg Stewart had a fantastic start to the season with Kilmarnock (nothing that helped us) and we are very fortunate to have his goal scoring threat nullified by playing him out wide. A positive window for all concerned at Aberdeen Football Club and could everyone please dig deep and help us move forward. Make cheques payable to Stewart Milne...thank you mugs.

Page 1 of 421 1231151101 ... LastLast