+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 267 of 421 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    Only a nationality connection of sorts (Finno-Scouse) but I do have high hopes for Miko Virtanen. Sorry he didn't get a chance against Peterhead tonight but a defensive midfielder who scores goals and has played right back both at Aberdeen and Finland U21 over the last couple of seasons.
    I thought this lad spoke really well on RedTV. Seems to love it at the club and itching for his chance. Things looking bright!

One of the "possible" centre midfielders that was suggested, Arnaud Djoum, can be taken off the list.
    Off to Saudi Arabia apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I would think a good few of the younger players will get loaned out for game time and experience.
    Not Dean Campbell though as he's needed for centre midfield where we are light.

I'm thinking
    Ethan Ross
    Frank Ross
    Seb Ross
    Scott Wright
    Bruce Anderson

Playing 30 games for a Championship team would be far better for them than playing for our reserves or the odd 5 minutes off our bench, surely?
    That's correct, there's no substitute for regular first team football and it shows how good Ferguson is that he gets that at Pittodrie with a manager so reluctant to play youth regularly.

I think Ferguson is destined for Guffball's showpiece league, unless injury intervenes. He plays with a maturity of a more experienced player and I fully expect him to kick in this year to the extent that he'll be way in either January, or more likely next summer. Surely only a matter of time before Scotland duty calls...

Although, I suppose if these young players aren't ready at 19 - 21 then you do wonder if they will ever be ready. It's very rare, especially nowadays, that we see late developers and for a player suddenly to come good at say 21.

That's why I think players like Wright, the Rosses might be just journeymen. Campbell we'll know better after this forthcoming season. McLennan possibly a top league player but whether that is top six or bottom six we've yet to discover.

As for Ferguson, from a Scotland perspective (I know RST doesn't care much about them), I really hope that he would get a move to the continent rather than Guffball. Too few Scottish players are tempted to try their luck off this island but remain in Europe...

I think McLennan is a great player. His return last season was good considering his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think McLennan is a great player. His return last season was good considering his age.
    Yes. And from what I saw of Vartanen in Ireland , he`ll be a player for us this year.

( And Campbell did ok last year away in Glasgow didn`t he ? )

I think we have a few fairly decent youngster ready to break through this year ? ( what ? Too happy Clappy ?? !! )

Campbell will suffer from being someone that does a lot of the dirty work that goes unoticed.

Campbell will suffer from being someone that does a lot of the dirty work that goes unoticed.
    From someone who's opinion I trust, he said that he was one of our best players last night, if not the best, along with Hedges.

I think he's a neat and tidy player, good in possession.

Being a leftie helps too.

I'm contradicting myself a little from my earlier post when I said it's better that young players get regular games at a slightly lower level, but I don't think we can afford to loan out Dean Campbell.
    For him, it would maybe be better playing every week for someone like Dundee.
    He might well end up being 4th choice centre mid in a few days time....
    BUT....we need 4 central midfielders.....

Dean Campbell won't be loaned out as they rate him. He'll play quite a bit next season and him and Ferguson will learn from Bryson (hopefully). He can leather the ball so I'd like to see more of that but it's not really the Mcinnes way.

Had a good game last night and I'd put him in the team every week.

Page 267 of 421 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast