+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 376 of 421 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

I'd have thought his relationship with McInnes, European football and the training facilities would be enough to keep him here...

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post

Anyways Ashley Williams is a free agent after leaving Everton
    If he was willing to take a huge drop in wages we should sign him AND keep McKenna. McKenna sort of stagnated last season and I think he badly needs an experienced quality player to play alongside to bring him on again. If he can progress again then he will deserve his big money move

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Agreed about Roofe. But they just sold their centre half Pontuss Janson to Brentford for circa £5m. Leeds desperately need a centre half.
    I would be very surprised if Bielsa rated Scott McKenna as he insists on everyone in the team playing out from the back and from what I've seen that's not McKenna's game

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s a pointless comparison.
    Completely opposite ends of the pitch & positions.
    Different league.
    Basic knowledge tells you that the status of your league drives the prices to a large extent too.

Seriously, anyone who thinks we’d ask for & get £15m needs to take their medication.
    it depends on your meaning.
    If by status , you mean rich opportunist clubs waiting for financially poorer ones to buckle - then yes.
    otherwise it should be virtues of the players hoofing ability that drives the value, or how much value the buyer thinks he's worth.
    or if you mean standard of opposition, well sure, but he plays for Scotland against higher standard players . True van dike didn't look anything great when he played here(IMO) yet they manage to get decent enough sale

Yes, Celtic play in our league , yet seem to be better at selling for larger sums. they can afford not to .

We are an ambitious club now though, right !
    Last edited by Jussi; 06-08-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post

Anyways Ashley Williams is a free agent after leaving Everton
    Oooft - No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    I would be very surprised if Bielsa rated Scott McKenna as he insists on everyone in the team playing out from the back and from what I've seen that's not McKenna's game
    Regardless of the playing style, which is a fair comment, Leeds would be a great move for McKenna.
    A very big club that should be in the EPL, no doubt.
    That would be the ideal kind of move for him IMO.
    I've seen folk suggest Leicester would maybe make a move for him...the reasoning being Rodgers allegedly offered us money for him when at Celtic, and Leicester are on the look out for a centre half now too obviously.
    However, there's no chance that a team that are a top 8 EPL team will sign Scott McKenna.
    They'll want the "finished article", someone who's proven at that level. Dunk of Brighton, Tarkowski of Burnley (if I'm right, both been in the England squad)

Leeds/Derby type team would be his best move IMO....with a view to either gaining promotion with those teams, or doing well and improving and getting himself a move in 2 years or whatever.
    He's only 22 and has plenty time for the EPL, if he's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    There's a world of difference between arguing with the club and sulking and letting your team mates down.

You'd have to be a total t'osser to let your team mates down.
    McKenna has never come across as someone who would do that.
    Whilst I tend to agree, it's all too easy to 100% blame the agent.
    McKenna is a grown man.
    If he wants a move, then tell the club privately, and tell the agent to stop being a c*ck.
    He'll get his move, the club have said so.

There's no excuse for not having a replacement for McKenna lined up, it was always likely that there was going to be more bids for him towards the end of the guff window.

Hopefully DM has learnt his lesson from a couple of years ago when he replaced Taylor at the last minute with an unfit Arnason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    There's no excuse for not having a replacement for McKenna lined up, it was always likely that there was going to be more bids for him towards the end of the guff window.

Hopefully DM has learnt his lesson from a couple of years ago when he replaced Taylor at the last minute with an unfit Arnason.
    Its possible that they do have a plan in place with a list of targets.
    Although the English Premier League and Championship transfer window closes on Thursday, we sill have another 3 weeks after that to get a replacement in.

He's not sold yet so maybe the ball will roll once there is an agreed offer.

Today's Pre- Croatia Trip press conference with DM should be an interesting one, anybody got any idea what time it is scheduled for?

Page 376 of 421 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast