+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 336 of 421 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Lingman and loan him back to RoPS for their season or even our season would surely be a low cost deal.
    Does their season not finish in September / October.
    Maybe a January signing with loan back to them until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He worked his backside off, when plenty of others haven't.
    Wish Stevie May no ill will at all.
    Good luck....other than when playing against us obviously
    The whole Stevie May situation is an odd one.

He worked his backside off but clearly didn’t score enough goals yet we seem to have replaced him with Main who from what I have seen will work hard for the team but won’t score many.

Personally I think May was asked to do too much of the donkey work like others have before him,time will tell but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up doing better at St Johnstone because they will use him properly.

The problem strikers at Aberdeen have is it’s almost as if scoring goals is not the most important thing McInnes wants from them.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The problem strikers at Aberdeen have is it’s almost as if scoring goals is not the most important thing McInnes wants from them.
    I think there is definitely a plan that the main strikers role is to support the three behind him to provide more goal scoring opportunities among them

In all competitions, our top 4 goal scorers have been

2018/19
    Sam Cosgrove 23
    Niall McGinn 9
    Lewis Ferguson 7
    Gary Mackay-Steven 7

2017/18
    Adam Rooney 11
    Kenny McLean 11
    Gary Mackay-Steven 9
    Stevie May 5

2016/17
    Adam Rooney 20
    Niall McGinn 13
    Johnny Hayes 10
    Ryan Christie 7

2015/16
    Adam Rooney 20
    Niall McGinn 12
    Kenny McLean 8
    Simon Church 6

I think DM and Doc would be delighted if Cosgrove only scored 15 but increased the others behind him with 5 more each

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

McInnes has been studying the Netball World Cup for tactical inspiration and decided that Cosgrove is his Goal Attack, the role of the rest of the team is to feed him the ball for him to shoot...

As much as he makes my eyes bleed, and as much as I wished we had a striker that was more clever, I'm of the opinion that Cosgrove will bang in another 20+ this season and will move on next summer. He's a good penalty taker, and we seem to get plenty of those nowadays but also his unorthodox style makes him difficult to defend. His goal at Hibs was a prime example. He attempts to control the ball in the box, spins away from him, he charges after it, swings a leg and the ball trundles over the line. It's so amateurish and unpredictable that, for the moment, it's relatively effective...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    McInnes has been studying the Netball World Cup for tactical inspiration and decided that Cosgrove is his Goal Attack, the role of the rest of the team is to feed him the ball for him to shoot...

As much as he makes my eyes bleed, and as much as I wished we had a striker that was more clever, I'm of the opinion that Cosgrove will bang in another 20+ this season and will move on next summer. He's a good penalty taker, and we seem to get plenty of those nowadays but also his unorthodox style makes him difficult to defend. His goal at Hibs was a prime example. He attempts to control the ball in the box, spins away from him, he charges after it, swings a leg and the ball trundles over the line. It's so amateurish and unpredictable that, for the moment, it's relatively effective...
    I was saying exactly this to a mate today. He’s that bad at controlling it that it is actually an asset as defenders don’t have a clue which way the ball is gonna bounce off him.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    I was saying exactly this to a mate today. He’s that bad at controlling it that it is actually an asset as defenders don’t have a clue which way the ball is gonna bounce off him.
    So what we’re saying is, his best attribute is miscontrolling the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    So what we’re saying is, his best attribute is miscontrolling the ball.
    I agree the Hibs goal was comical and he scored about 6 or 7 pens but he has scored a few decent ones and does get in some good positions. He needs to improve on the basics no doubt.

So Chris Cadden has ended up moving on a free transfer (so far) this summer.

Deal now concluded for him to move to the MLS and then loaned to Oxford.

As the size of club is a factor in the compensation calculation and it seems the MLS sides are rated as club size 0 the whole formula collapses to 0.

Motherwell now appealing to Fifa that this is poor form

So while they were initially asking for £500k they would probably have accepted £150k-£200k in the last few days from a reputable club

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    So Chris Cadden has ended up moving on a free transfer (so far) this summer.

Deal now concluded for him to move to the MLS and then loaned to Oxford.

As the size of club is a factor in the compensation calculation and it seems the MLS sides are rated as club size 0 the whole formula collapses to 0.

Motherwell now appealing to Fifa that this is poor form
    That's absolutely pish.

Page 336 of 421 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast