+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick summary please

Quick summary please

Without all the wrist slitting/ teeth gnashing

Haven't got the time or the inclination to read the multiple pages.

Who came who went?

Vokes out Crouch in - i know that much

What about Wardy, Agyei and the the younger lads? - did anyone else go out on loan or permanent?

Were there any incomings at any level?

Ta
    Last edited by CaspertheClaret; 01-02-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Connor Mitchell went to Northern Ireland, Linfield I think, Dunne to Sunderland and Aioki to Swindon all out on loan.

After paying Wolves their 25% we have banked £6 million on the sale of Vokes and brought Crouchy in until the end of the season.

… and that is the sum total of fhook all Casper my mate.

I'm not that bothered. Vokesy god bless him wasn't starting. Crouch can do what Vokes did i.e. sit on the bench and come on for the last 10/15 mins and make an impact. fair play to the big lad for keeping his fitness this long. its not a long term or perfect move but it is what it is.

Everybody seemed to be bed wetting over Che Adams? - never heard of him till about a week ago. Plus he wasn't for sale.

Cant see anybody who has had a sparkling window signing players that you think "Wow - why didn't we do that!" - Could be wrong on that but I am sure someone will tell me otherwise.

I would have perhaps liked to have seen a few others go to create space for freshening up in summer once we know what league we are in. Wells/ Walters/Defour etc but it is what it is and its no great calamity.

Funny Casper we have an un canny knack of bidding for players that aren’t for sale unless the right money is offered.
    We as a club are experts at spinning a deal out over a week or two to waste time and look like we’re interested, I wander what the players think when we say we want them and then don’t meet the valuations etc I mean Rodriguez and Dawson pre season ( WBA said what they wanted for either or both) and we still persisted in wasting weeks offering less. We then ended up with a centre back who was to replace Mee as he wasn’t staying and a striker who was a panick buy to appease the fans who just doesn’t play ( mustn’t be good enough in the eyes of management ).
    So why didn’t we just pay for Rodriguez instead of the drama we created.

Sick of the whole thing tbh, genuinely believe the board are not interested in progression at all , I’m behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I'm not that bothered. Vokesy god bless him wasn't starting. Crouch can do what Vokes did i.e. sit on the bench and come on for the last 10/15 mins and make an impact. fair play to the big lad for keeping his fitness this long. its not a long term or perfect move but it is what it is.

Everybody seemed to be bed wetting over Che Adams? - never heard of him till about a week ago. Plus he wasn't for sale.

Cant see anybody who has had a sparkling window signing players that you think "Wow - why didn't we do that!" - Could be wrong on that but I am sure someone will tell me otherwise.

I would have perhaps liked to have seen a few others go to create space for freshening up in summer once we know what league we are in. Wells/ Walters/Defour etc but it is what it is and its no great calamity.
    We absolutely needed an additional high quality, fit and ready centre midfielder. Vokes for Crouch like you say Casper no big deal, I have a feeling Vokes will be fondly remembered for being thought of better than he actually was.

Evans is rocket fuelled and is another Andre Gray without the attitude. We should have stumped up and bought him, but that is just not the Burnley way!

The Adams thing was a funny one.

We were quite prepared (apparently) to buy him and loan him back to Brum for the rest of the season.

I assume that Sean rates Vydra a lot higher than we think. Bloody hope so, if Barnes/Wood are unavailable then he would have to step in anyway- Crouch is surely just a cameo player - and he is good at that.

Like BT I was hoping for a Barton type player to beef up the midfield...but with our present set up I think our midfield is fine. again, key injuries in the run in could cost us. Having said that, JBG, Brady, Defour are all pushing for a place as well - but they are not "enforcers".

Let's just hope that we don't get any more injuries.

"Let's just hope that we don't get any more injuries."

Brilliant 59, you could go far in journalism, you couldn't get a better one sentence summing up of exactly where we are now. Our season in a sentence.

True Sinkov.

But I guarantee that all our relegation rivals - every one - are saying exactly the same thing.

59/60 - that's part of the question that I asked. have we still not got Agyei/McNeill/Crouch/Vydra that can all play the striker role?

Is Walters injury terminal? I take it Wells is staying darn sarf till the end of the season?

We do need a bloody good clear out.

Aye, we still have those options Casper.

I would be feeling much more comfortable if we hadn't be mugged out of the extra four points from our last two games though. In which case a win tomorrow would have meant we would have been practically safe.

Another massive match tomorrow - squeaky bum time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)