+ Visit Swansea City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristol City v Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City

With all the hullabaloo of yesterday’s transfer exodus, the players will be in no fit state to play football tomorrow.
    On a day where James stated he wanted to leave, travelled to Leeds, took a medical, only for the Swans to back out last minute. Apparently Leeds wanted to pay the loan fee part of the deal at the end of the season instead of up front, and we weren’t having it, that’s the story anyway.
    Meanwhile Fer’s deal to Villa collapsed and he decided to stay. So Villa then took Carroll instead, on loan with a view to buy. Montero went to WBA on loan, and Bony went to Al-Arabi of Qatar on loan.
    It looks as if every player at the club was available for transfer, in a desperate bid by the irresponsible owners to cut the wage bill
    What a shame, our once proud club has become a laughing stock since the American venture capitalists bought the controlling shares.
    No investment only asset stripping.

I can only see a Robins win tomorrow unless Potter can gee up the players. They must be in shock seeing five of their colleagues being moved out, the heart of the team, albeit two returned unable to sign in time.
    What must moral be like this morning, knowing that in the summer they may be gone too, in the merciless cull by the hedge fund owners to recover their outlay.
    Never mind we were close to a play-off spot and still in the FA Cup, sell was the only thing on their minds.
    The Robins are last six games, six straight wins, including the cup.
    The Swans are last six games, four wins, two draws, including the cup.

As predicted a Bristol City win.
    The five players involved in the transfer deadline debacle were missing, three gone, one injured, one not in the right frame of mind (I wish I coud use that excuse when I have to go to work!), so we were down to the bare bones.
    It was pretty even first half and we more than held our own in front of 3,400 vociferous Jack Army.
    Weimann headed in within the first minute after the restart, as Swans players were caught cold.
    After the intensity of three games in a week and all that went on it was inevitable that we would eventually fold after that setback.
    Yet it took until the 74’ for the second goal O’Dowda heading in from Wiemann’s pass as the Swans threw everything at them to get an equaliser which only made us more open.
    Unbeaten run gone then as the game changers in the team were not there to bring on, thank you Yank hedge fund owners for that.
    Last edited by Iolo; 03-02-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo View Post
    As predicted a Bristol City win.
    The five players involved in the transfer deadline debacle were missing, three gone, one injured, one not in the right frame of mind (I wish I coud use that excuse when I have to go to work!), so we were down to the bare bones.
    It was pretty even first half and we more than held our own in front of 3,400 vociferous Jack Army.
    Weimann headed in within the first minute after the restart, as Swans players were caught cold.
    After the intensity of three games in a week and all that went on it was inevitable that we would eventually fold after that setback.
    Yet it took until the 74’ for the second goal O’Dowda heading in from Wiemann’s pass as the Swans threw everything at them to get an equaliser which only made us more open.
    Unbeaten run gone then as the game changers in the team were not there to bring on, thank you Yank hedge fund owners for that.
    I am sure you will have an easier time against Millwall, but after the fackas at Bristol we don't want to have a repeat of that, we have a reputation to uphold.

All those years in the PL, and I went to most games home and away, and never saw any trouble only the usual banter between fans.
    Why this happened at Bristol I don’t know but it’s a minority gang that have latched on to us by the look of it, and they need weeding out and banned, they are not football fans and weren’t even looking at the match. I hope they’ve got security cameras with them all on there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)