+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your plan for our club Mr.Chairman?

What is your plan for our club Mr.Chairman?

When the manager highlights his need for two or three players to be brought in and the board fails on all targets we need to know why this should happen.Fellow strugglers Ipswich,Bolton,Reading,Millwall and Wigan have all strengthened their squads,showing that they are backing the manager in their battle against relegation .Warne has created a squad that with that help he requested,can achieve the target of staying up.It is going to be a massive task with no support from the recruitment board.It does not make sense at all when the chairman talks of Premiership football but does not invest in the club to even maintain Championship status.If he does not have the funds put the club up for saleThe fact is we were told that phase2 included developing the land around the stadium with a retail area.An astute businessman would not have allowed the G&C eyesore to drag on and on and on.We have units under the stadium lying empty which could be a major source of revenue.This latest lack of ambition will send the wrong messages to fans,sponsors and management.Each championship club received over six million pounds,other clubs have used this money to stay up with the signings they have made,except us.

Another prediction expert.

All what you have said is true,but the sad thing is,many have come to the conclusion,that we are being blatantly lied to,and that includes all the management down there.

I have asked this question before and never got an answer.
    How much should we get in debt for to stay up?
    Personally I think we’re still paying for past recruitment mistakes players and managers.
    Not sure why some think we have loads of spare cash.

How much did the club make on the man City game? That was money that could not have been accounted for at the start of the season. Could that not have gone towards a couple of good loan signings

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I have asked this question before and never got an answer.
    How much should we get in debt for to stay up?
    Personally I think we’re still paying for past recruitment mistakes players and managers.
    Not sure why some think we have loads of spare cash.
    Some think we have cash available because the Chairman told us so!

Your right he did however he’s never said how much?
    Not particularly trying to defend him just saying I think a lot of our budget is been used on past mistakes.
    How much we have may not be enough that’s the reality.

i asked this before.

if Tony Stewart was blatantly honest and said in the press...."there's no chance of any signings....we haven't got the money.....we are going into a relegation scrap.....and I will guarantee you this we will fight tooth and nail to stay up....but we are skint"

Would you support him? I would.

I honestly think there's money there to be backed and quite a lot as well but the people underneath him are not doing a great job including the management team.

The next step should be a heart to heart meeting between TS, the Board and PW to discuss exactly why we find ourselves in this situation time and time and time again and what, if anything, we're going to do to rectify the situation. We've learned nothing from our last disastrous Championship campaign, despite assertions to the contrary. Of course, it could be they'll consider it a job well done, no money spent, no key players sold. If that is the case then being honest with the fans needs to be high on the agenda.

It's disingenuous to be talking one week about ambition, recruitment, progression, development, consolidation... and having funds to invest and the next week to demonstrate that none of those things are being given priority. If there is no transfer money available, if we don't have the capability, or intention, of paying Championship wages, if we cannot afford to employ (lower end) Championship quality - as we all suspect - don't pretend. The fans deserve better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast