+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could Saturday's team be the oldest we've ever put out?

Could Saturday's team be the oldest we've ever put out?

Really pleased to see we've signed some really decent players who are also leaders, that's one of the things we've been missing this season. Just thinking about the combined age of the team we put out tomorrow though, could we be on for some sort of record?

We could potentially have the youngest back 3 + Keeper we have ever put out!

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Really pleased to see we've signed some really decent players who are also leaders, that's one of the things we've been missing this season. Just thinking about the combined age of the team we put out tomorrow though, could we be on for some sort of record?
    I don't think so assuming all the new signings play and we go for a 433 that Ardley prefers the defence with keeper will have an average age of 22. Midfield three of Rose, O'Brien and Doyle is 31 and assuming a forward line of CMS, Enzio and Gomis is 26. All together with these assumptions we have an average age of 26. That is very young still

True. Maybe the youngest back three, oldest midfield and strikeforce! I'm picturing players calling each other by their numbers because they wont know each others' names yet

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't think so assuming all the new signings play and we go for a 433 that Ardley prefers the defence with keeper will have an average age of 22. Midfield three of Rose, O'Brien and Doyle is 31 and assuming a forward line of CMS, Enzio and Gomis is 26. All together with these assumptions we have an average age of 26. That is very young still
    Depends who plays in defence though. Will he play all the young 'uns or will he put some experience in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Some serious maths there Balti

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    We could potentially have the youngest back 3 + Keeper we have ever put out!
    We played a young back four not too long ago, Bola, Hollis, Hewitt and Clackstone when we were soundly beaten 3-0 by Stevenage, there's probably a few other combinations of those players with other youngsters, we also had Yates, Grant AND Curtis Thompson in that side leaving just Collin, Milsom, Stead and Ameobi to drag the average age up.

A midfield of Vaughan, Doyle and Milsom would have a combined age of 104 (105 in a couple of weeks), get Elliott Ward in (34), Jones (32), Duffy (33), Stead (35) and Mackail-Smith (34) and we'd surely be setting some kind of record

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Depends who plays in defence though. Will he play all the young 'uns or will he put some experience in there?
    It would be mad to throw all of the new players in at once, we'd get absolutely spanked and people would be immediately downbeat again, it wouldn't do them justice to throw them all in against Lincoln when they've barely spoke to eachother

To be fair, they've been playing like they've barely spoken to each other all season

Back in 1986, there was a very young back four who played in a cup tie at home to Spurs and Notts earned a very creditable draw. They were Wayne Fairclough, Paul Smalley, Dean Yates and Darren Davis. If my memory serves me correctly, they were all ****agers at the time.