+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Burnley v Southampton

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I have no idea Sinkov, but I think there are ways to blackball a member of any club.If it were simply down to piss poor refs then surely we would have got the odd bad decision going our way?
    I remember us discussing this subject a while back but nothing has changed.
    I think it is pretty widely known that the "bigger" clubs get the rub of the green - this has happened for years.
    But we seem to have been particularly badly treated over the last couple of years.
    Arsenal always get a ***** decision against us etc...I don't need to go through the games to produce evidence do I?
    But I have to go back a long way to highlight an important decision that went our way. Maybe the Vokes handball goal.
    We should now have an extra 4-6 points from our last three games. Instead of this we might actually kick off next Saturday in the bottom three.
    If it were simply due to bad refs then we would , statistically, have got a few decisions ourselves. We haven't, so you have to ask yourself why.
    I think we can put the 'conspiracy theory' to bed now, how Hendrick got away with that handball I'll never know, and then we get a pen straight away at the other end. Thank you Mr Referee. It's all gone quiet on the pens conspiracy as well now, in fact when you bear in mind that VAR overturned a pen the ref had awarded us against Barnsley, referees have awarded us four pens in our last seven games. Has any team in the country been awarded more than that ? I doubt it.

Just confirms what I always thought, the penalty drought was a statistical anomaly, due to a combination of piss poor refereeing and the propensity of our team not to spend too much time in the opposition penalty area, and the anomaly is starting to even itself out now.

Behave yourself sinkov! The foul on Barnes was identical to the one Taylor refused to award us last week and he got crucified for it. No way did Hendrick handle that ball , the referee was 100% correct on both counts.

Incidentally, WTF is a "statistical anomaly?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Behave yourself sinkov! The foul on Barnes was identical to the one Taylor refused to award us last week and he got crucified for it. No way did Hendrick handle that ball , the referee was 100% correct on both counts.

Incidentally, WTF is a "statistical anomaly?"
    Bloody hell BT, you're not supposed to ask that, how the feck would I know what a statistical anomaly is, why can't you just accept what I say like everyone else does ?

Lol! What a fecking snowflake!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think we can put the 'conspiracy theory' to bed now.....
    yeah.....right Sinkov - a clean sweep.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)