+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rugby League Thread...

Hull v Castleford tonight ..Should be another cracking game Ashy,I'm edging for Castleford by 8 points..

Warriors v Rhinos tonight , should be another cracker with hopefully the Warriors getting their season underway with a win over our rivals from Yawkshire. What do you think Ashy?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Hull v Castleford tonight ..Should be another cracking game Ashy,I'm edging for Castleford by 8 points..
    Bring on next season already Alf!.
    Hull Fc are 0 for 2 already and Lee Radford is getting sloshed in the last chance saloon even as we speak.

Warriors send the Rhinos back to Yawkshire with a blunt horn.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Morning you RL chappies, I know I said I wouldn't post on this thread but I'm not here to take the piss, I have some serious questions. I've been looking at the League Structure and,

Q1 is, what are the 6 rounds of additional fixtures ?

Q2 is, what is the Magic Weekend ?

The other thing is the convoluted play-off system, it seems to have a serious flaw to me. The QF game B, the loser plays in Game C and if winning the that goes to the PF, Game E. The winner of the QF Game B goes to Game D, and if winning that goes to the PF, Game E. Thus there is the possibility of Game E being a re-run of Game B. So, for example, you could get say Wigan beating Warrington in Game B. but losing to them in Game E, and thus Warrington, despite being beaten by Wigan in Game B, now beating them to make the Final. This seems bizarre to me, am I understanding this right ?
    Could one of you RL chappies answer my questions ? Or is it a secret, does no one know ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Warriors send the Rhinos back to Yawkshire with a blunt horn.. Lol
    Lets have none of the pretentious warriors & rhinos garbage Alf, you mean Wigan beat Leeds eh, in laymans terms ?. .

Just for you Acido..lol

"Hull FC have just turned down a massive £40 Million deal with a leading dog food manufacturer .....

A spokesman from the Rugby League club said having “Winalot” across the players shirts would be taking the piss!"

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Morning you RL chappies, I know I said I wouldn't post on this thread but I'm not here to take the piss, I have some serious questions. I've been looking at the League Structure and,

Q1 is, what are the 6 rounds of additional fixtures ?

Q2 is, what is the Magic Weekend ?

The other thing is the convoluted play-off system, it seems to have a serious flaw to me. The QF game B, the loser plays in Game C and if winning the that goes to the PF, Game E. The winner of the QF Game B goes to Game D, and if winning that goes to the PF, Game E. Thus there is the possibility of Game E being a re-run of Game B. So, for example, you could get say Wigan beating Warrington in Game B. but losing to them in Game E, and thus Warrington, despite being beaten by Wigan in Game B, now beating them to make the Final. This seems bizarre to me, am I understanding this right ?
    Please tell me, pretty please, I really must know, this MAGIC WEEKEND, what the feck is it, can anyone be involved, does it involve mushrooms ?

The "Magic weekend" takes place at Anfield this year on the 25/26th of May Sinky..This has been going on for many years now with places like the millennium stadium Cardiff(which I have attended and thoroughly enjoyed it ) Etihaad stadium Manchester ,Edinburgh and James park Newcastle being used..It gives the fans a unique experience of three games in one day and a chance to enjoy a weekend away..

It involves all the twelve superleague teams ..Six play on the Saturday which involves three continuous games commencing at 2pm ,4pm and 6pm .. The same happens on the Sunday as well.. The results also count towards the league table ..

https://www.rugby-league.com/tickets/magic_weekend
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 12-02-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Cheers Alfie, seems a great idea, what are the 6 additional games ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)