+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions League Final

Champions League Final

A very poor match in which Liverpool did just enough to win. Harry Kane was totally ineffective and his presence seemed to disrupt Spurs rhythm. Pochettino looks to have made a disastrous error of judgement in selecting him in his starting eleven.

Yes,he needs to loan him out to us next season,..

Must admit that I didnt watch the game ,better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,he needs to loan him out to us next season,..

Must admit that I didnt watch the game ,better things to do.
    Bloody hell Alf, you were not tarmacking some poor sod's drive on a Saturday night were you?

It was a poor game, lacking in a competitive edge with just 11 fouls committed in the whole game.
    No doubt the authorities will be pleased with that in their quest to rid the game of any combative tackles, personally I would rather watch paint dry.

The last 10 finals have averaged 30 fouls per game with the lowest other figure being in 2013 with 19 fouls.
    Since the run of the century there have been 20 finals with an average of 34.45 fouls per game, the highest being in 2002 between Bayer Leverkusen and Real Madrid with 61 fouls and the lowest before last night being between Barcelona and Manchester United in 2009 which had 17 fouls.
    Both the highest and lowest were refereed by Swiss referees ---they must have been very neutral!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    A very poor match in which Liverpool did just enough to win. Harry Kane was totally ineffective and his presence seemed to disrupt Spurs rhythm. Pochettino looks to have made a disastrous error of judgement in selecting him in his starting eleven.
    Kane not fit off the pace , looked like he did for England in World Cup games.
    He also brought back Winks who’s been out for several weeks as well.
    Dropped Moura ( god knows what message that sent to him )
    Poch at fault I think - I wander if he’ll admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Kane not fit off the pace , looked like he did for England in World Cup games.
    He also brought back Winks who’s been out for several weeks as well.
    Dropped Moura ( god knows what message that sent to him )
    Poch at fault I think - I wander if he’ll admit it.
    You can never tell though army, he could have left Kane out, they get beat 4-0, and people are saying what a prat, why didn't he play Kane. To be fair, for the most part they looked the better team, and more likely to score than Liverpool

Guardiola must surely have been thinking about what might have been ,had they been good enough to win their game with Spurs. On a normal day they would comfortably have beaten either of them, maybe both of them at the same time !! Both teams looked way off the pace and it was a poor advert for the Premier League. It’s so easy for us football experts to criticise, especially in hindsight, but Pochettino was in a no win situation with Kane no matter what team he chose on the night. Ironic that the top two teams have won opposite trophies that their two managers were originally brought in to achieve.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)