+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertiser interview with TS

Advertiser interview with TS

I'm a bit confused and concerned about one of the things the Chairman said in his interview:
    "If we were in the top six now, I would throw money at Rotherham. I definitely would. But we've got to prove that we can sustain what we're doing".
    I don't get how we can possibly sustain what we're doing if we don't invest in the team. Also I don'r quite see the difference between gambling by throwing money at trying to gain promotion and gambling by throwing money at trying to stay in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I'm a bit confused and concerned about one of the things the Chairman said in his interview:
    "If we were in the top six now, I would throw money at Rotherham. I definitely would. But we've got to prove that we can sustain what we're doing".
    I don't get how we can possibly sustain what we're doing if we don't invest in the team. Also I don'r quite see the difference between gambling by throwing money at trying to gain promotion and gambling by throwing money at trying to stay in the Championship.
    My take is if he gambles on staying in the championship and fails we’ve got players on championship wages in league 1, whereas if he gambles in league 1 and fails we’ve still got players on league 1 wages in league 1

He'd gamble to get in Prem due to the huge prize not only for that season and the parachute payment the season after.
    TS would become a very wealthy man.

He,s talking about risk vs reward. Worth it for Prem status but not cship

So given that he will not speculate to stay in the Championship we are never going to get anywhere near the top six, so talk of the long term aim being the Premiership is hot air.

He's hoping PW is either Moses, Jesus or perhaps David Blaine

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    My take is if he gambles on staying in the championship and fails we’ve got players on championship wages in league 1, whereas if he gambles in league 1 and fails we’ve still got players on league 1 wages in league 1
    The players will or should have written in their contracts if they drop into league one, that their
    championship wages would drop accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The players will or should have written in their contracts if they drop into league one, that their
    Very true,TS is not that daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    That could be the stumbling block and the reason why we can’t “get it over the line”

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    That could be the stumbling block and the reason why we can’t “get it over the line”
    We can't even get loan signings over the line

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    We can't even get loan signings over the line
    I know it’s unbelievable! I’m as dismayed as everyone, I was just trying to see it from TS’s point of view.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast