+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertiser interview with TS

Steve Evans had nothing to do last week.
    pW should have given his magnificent 7 list to him to get them over the line . Boom!!

You have to say that both our clubs are stuck somewhere between the bottom of the championship and the top 6 in league one and nowt looks likely to change in that respect .

Quite a few would swap places with us to be fair .

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    We can't even get loan signings over the line

forget all that.....we have trouble kicking a ball over the opposing goal line!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You have to say that both our clubs are stuck somewhere between the bottom of the championship and the top 6 in league one and nowt looks likely to change in that respect .

Quite a few would swap places with us to be fair .
    thing is animal you wouldnt have said that 5 year ago. we were league 1/2 yoyos

We can't even get loan signings over the line
    Steve Bruce, less than 24 hours into the job, manager of a team with embargo problems and he lands 1 permanent and 2 loan signings in the same day.

So can be done if you know how to do it.

Just one difference. Wages. Probably why the likes of Winnall prefers to stay where he is.

If we offered bigger wages we would have signed a few.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 01-02-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    thing is animal you wouldnt have said that 5 year ago. we were league 1/2 yoyos
    So it could be argued you've actually progressed this decade cayton .

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Just one difference. Wages. Probably why the likes of Winnall prefers to stay where he is.

If we offered bigger wages we would have signed a few.
    You'd think a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 10 months would welcome the opportunity to get out on the park and play some games even for half the money for 6 months .

Looks like Tony Stewart is cutting the cloth to suit,
    glad he's not my tailor, because I'd have a pair of trousers, that looks like cats deeeed.

I'm a bit confused and concerned about one of the things the Chairman said in his interview:
    "If we were in the top six now, I would throw money at Rotherham. I definitely would. But we've got to prove that we can sustain what we're doing".
    I don't get how we can possibly sustain what we're doing if we don't invest in the team. Also I don'r quite see the difference between gambling by throwing money at trying to gain promotion and gambling by throwing money at trying to stay in the Championship.
    Depends what he calls throwing money. Knowing tony history it will probably be a upgrade from 300k to 400k woah big spender

I find it sad that he hasn’t realised by not investing a little he’s going to lose money if we drop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast