+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your best or worst team kit

Your best or worst team kit

Now then Pies fans lol, you've got your good and bad kit memories haven't you, like we all have as footy fans of course. Heres a site which is ace for looking at footy kits, going back to 2000 onwards.
    I didn't know you had gone with the Burnsley style claret n light blue away kit in '08-09, and what was that away kit in '12-13, the black n amber reminds me of Castleford Rugby League club.

https://www.colours-of-football.com/...notts_c_1.html

Love that 2008/9 home kit 😏

The black and amber is a throwback to one of our oldest kits on record (1866-1873) and the claret and blue I think was a reference to one we had in 1880-1890 according to http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Nott...tts_County.htm

I have to be honest, I really, really liked last season's home kit, just looks a bit class

I'm a fan of the white shorts kits that we've had recently tbh, probably an unpopular opinion.

Nothing beats those adidas kits though, shame they were well before my time

That one of yours looked odd as well, the dark pink County away shirt from '16-17.

I must admit this is a subject that annoys the hell out of me, when it comes to our teams wearing an away kit for no reason whatsoever, and its the same when opponents also do the same against us. Is this all down to sponsors, do they stick their oar in and insist on the kits/colours etc.
    Last edited by Acido; 01-02-2019 at 05:44 PM.

The pink kit was in relation to our Juventus link, it was our 150th anniversary year so used some retro kits that season. I remember hearing an old urban legend that Notts, QPR, Preston and possibly someone else were allowed to wear their home kits at away games and force the home team to change if they wanted to, no idea if it's true and it would only make you look bad so I'd imagine that's why nobody has ever tested it.

Away kits being worn for no reason are usually down to sponsors but why teams don't just slap the "away sponsor" on a home kit more often I don't know, they pay for a certain amount of games so you can't blame them if they're sponsorship doesn't get seen but common sense would just dictate you just use your away sponsor on a home kit if there was no colour clash

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Away kits being worn for no reason are usually down to sponsors but why teams don't just slap the "away sponsor" on a home kit more often I don't know, they pay for a certain amount of games so you can't blame them if they're sponsorship doesn't get seen but common sense would just dictate you just use your away sponsor on a home kit if there was no colour clash
    JAH sorted using the home shirt with the away sponsor on for away games in 2008/9

Hey Freeman, tahh for that reply.
    We've had a good few matches over the years havent we, and Im talking about Notts County v my team Barnsley here of course.
    I dont understand why there is a need for a different kit in this fixture, when we wear plain red n white, and you wear black n white stripes etc.

I liked the Munto season kit and also the one following it. Last year's was also good. Pretty much every time they try to be clever with the design it ends up looking rubbish. Keep it simple - even black and white stripes, a tidy collar, and maybe some amber trim on the shoulders. My favourite ever Notts kit was probably the early 90s Home Bitter one with the thick amber trim. Beautiful.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast