+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How much would it cost per person, To Get Garlic Out

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Personally, I do not have one negative in my life, I can't afford to have any negative vibes when I am helping people and families less fortunate than myself. They only want to hear positive things and how I can help and that is how it is.

I read all the negativity on here so that always gives me a laugh and aids my positivity.
    I also never forget that football is only a game and pales into insignificance as far as life in general is concerned. I am fairly certain that Alto doesn't view it being just a game because he has berated me for saying it is ---such is life.
    Sub, Altos views are the same as mine,...No confidence in our Board !
    You have supported Burnley, from late Fifties/ Sixties ,...Me too,. Though late sixties...Probably for me.! First game Man Utd, at home,...We Lost., But I was hooked,...as a 6 year old, And ever since then, I Have watched Burnley, home and away ever since through every Division Up, and Down.
    Yes I HAVE Been there on a Friday evening watching us lose away to Grimsby 5.4 ,..Been to Southend on Tuesday evening, Think we won that one.
    Even the dreaded Home match to Hereford ,...The list goes on!
    So Yes, As a Claret and true supporter , I have my doubts , about our Board, and in my opinion they should be doing a lot more !

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I am fairly certain that Alto doesn't view it being just a game because he has berated me for saying it is ---such is life.
    I just tell it as it is Sub, I have no grievance against you or anyone else on here, we all have our own thoughts and views on a game, on players, on our overall performances and the way our Club is run, they differ very much from person to person, which bring different views leading to discussion and banter.

But at the end of the day this is just that, a Forum for discussion from you and others, we are all Claret fans whether we have supported them from the 6o's like Jon and myself or even earlier like you Sub or Alf, we want the best for our Club regardless of our harsh or pleasant remarks.

Like I have said, I have no grievance with you Sub, but it does intrigue me when on most subjects you come out with sayings of worrying and moaning will not change or alter things, and its only a game, because as I have said above this format is for Vent, Discussion, Disagreement and most of all fun with banter, for me you can kill a thread with your comments, but if that's your way then carry on, yet when something really hits a nerve like VAR or Refereeing decisions, its discussed by you in detail.

It is still a game Sub I'll give you that, but only for us badly treated Football fans, for Clubs its now Big Business, and if we cannot express ourselves on here (A Forum) about performances, players, the Burnley Board or anything else we might as well pack up and stop posting, I don't go to bed thinking BFC or get up thinking BFC as I have more important things in my life to worry about just like yourself, but when on here I tend to use it as its meant to be used like most folk do.

The information I passed onto bfcjon in a PM was first written on this Forum a while after the discrepancies happened a few years ago, most got removed for obvious reasons, but they was read at least by BT and Alf before being taken off.

Fair enough Alto, I shall make no further comments because I don't wish to be guilty of killing anything at my stage of life.
    Enjoy your discussions.

Alto, if you have proof that the allegations (whatever they are) are true then spill the beans.

If you haven't any proof then you are just peddling gossip and I for one cannot take that seriously.

As they say, put up or shut up!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Alto, if you have proof that the allegations (whatever they are) are true then spill the beans.

If you haven't any proof then you are just peddling gossip and I for one cannot take that seriously.

I sure would like to know as well Alto. I can see he has about 50%of the shares, some 60.000, so getting rid of him from the board would cost a bit

I think some of you need to take a closer look at the finances. The first team squad alone has an annual wage bill of between 36m and 40m even before appearance and goal bonuses.
    Then there is the development squad, under 18's and ladies team.
    Maintenance of Turf Moor and Barnfield with associated staff
    Matchday staff fees
    Travel and sometime accommodation to away games
    All of the backroom staff associated with the club including scouts, medical Care in the Community etc

The club is losing money on a weekly basis

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I think some of you need to take a closer look at the finances. The first team squad alone has an annual wage bill of between 36m and 40m even before appearance and goal bonuses.
    Then there is the development squad, under 18's and ladies team.
    Maintenance of Turf Moor and Barnfield with associated staff
    Matchday staff fees
    Travel and sometime accommodation to away games
    All of the backroom staff associated with the club including scouts, medical Care in the Community etc

The club is losing money on a weekly basis
    Not at all sure about that C_M. We have been in profit for quite a while now. Projected profits for the year end are another £20 million so we simply cannot be losing money, but I certainly agree that to run an elite professional football club takes an awful lot of shekels.

We are doing better than OK financially and the next mission is to stay up and go again!

59-60, Some things cannot be said, on a forum,...For Obvious reasons.!!! So please Don"t give people a hard time ?

You However , Are coming out and saying "put up or shut up"

You for one, need to look deeper , And nobody is peddling gossip!!,...

Seek and Ye shall find.

Because none of us on here know Mike Garlick personally we do not know if he is Clarets Mad or not.

My assumption is that he is indeed Clarets Mad and business wise he runs Burnley Football Club on a very tight budget.

I think he seriously needs to improve his PR machine and just let the Burnley fans be aware of the rolling state of play. No hogwash, no leaks to the media, just give us the facts, we are all grown ups we can handle it.

I don't give a flying phuck whether you take me seriously or not, or if you think I'm peddling gossip 59.

As I have said, I posted them on here years ago and was advised to take them off, I took most of them off and the few that remained got removed, and if my memory is correct BT and Alf replied to them at the time, as well as others as they were left on here for a while.

I have never ever claimed to have "inside information" on transfers or anything else coming out of the dark corridors of Turf Moor, I get my knowledge the same place everyone else can, through AGM's (before they stopped) Accounts from Company House, plus the odd snippets until 3/4 years ago from Ray Simpson the Burnley Football Club historian who has now retired.

I take it you didn't attend many AGM's 59 ? Or take/took much notice of yearly accounts ?

I was replying to bfcjon in a PM (Private Message) as his OP was asking a genuine question about buying Garlick out, as I have stated above, I do not intend to put myself at risk (like the Blackpool fans v Oystens, even though the fans were telling the truth, yet the verdict went against them) just so it can settle your curiosity, your comment of "Put Up Or Shut Up" was taken by me with tongue in Cheek, I hope you take my response the same way, "As They Say, Wind Your Neck In ".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)