+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round of applause for Mr Hardy

Round of applause for Mr Hardy

Whatever we may think of him and his antics:

He saved the club from extinction 2 years ago.
    He raised the profile of the club.
    He was very enthusiastic, innovative, tried to challenge the status quo and put a lot of his own money in (and he is not a billionaire).

This has all come at great personal cost.

Tomorrow I think we should all give him a big round of applause before he moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

He was very enthusiastic, innovative, tried to challenge the status quo and put a lot of his own money in (and he is not a billionaire).

Tomorrow I think we should all give him a big round of applause before he moves on.
    He won't have moved on after tomorrow (if he turns up of course) but I can't help feel the new players deserve the biggest cheer for risking their reputations and daring to take on this challenge.

Cheer AH when we are safe and he's actually done the sale, the early announcement of which would not have improved NA's job of getting the right people in.

I second that !

Celebrating defeat is a no no !
    I would rather wave a blow up c0ck in the air than celebrate our near extinction !
    It’s far too soon to celebrate anything at all !

Another ****ing rose petal throwing thread …

To be fair, this transfer window just shows his commitment to Notts. He's put the club up for sale but still backed the manager fully, like he has done with every manager previously. He deserves a bit of luck at this point.

I dont get the whole "Hardy is still backing us" thing.
    He's selling the club and as far as i can tell hasn't paid money for anyone this month just loaded us with a higher wage bill that he won't have to deal with in 4 weeks time.

I'm not anti Hardy at all and think that overall all he's tried his best but just didn't work out for him or the club. But let's not go over the top, the guy brought quite a bit of shame and embarrassment to us all with that 1 tweet.

Also attendances massively up. Like your idea and it creates a positive vibe. Anything anti-toxic is good.

Plus to quote Ardley “For somebody who is planning to sell the club I think that speaks volumes for the man". Regarding the investment in recent signings.

While I have a certain level of sympathy for the mistake he made with the photo he isn't doing anything unexpected with the recent signings. He is after all trying to sell the club and league status must be a big factor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast