+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everton v Wolves Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Tim Spiers

@tim_spiers_Star
    A black cat on the pitch what the actual f! Runs across Patricio's goalline. They don't call him the cat for nothing, eh, eh?!

lol

Seven mins of extra time!

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Seven mins of extra time!
    blame the cat george

anyroad its all over 1-3 great result

Prior to the game I had been reading comments on the Everton forum. They were very confident of beating us, history said so. We were only an average Championship Team and Wolves will loose all their good player in the summer. Jimenez up front is a carthorse, fact.

Reading comments today, the cat appears to be their man of the match, and the natives are not happy. The manager must go and we are a crap side. They are wetting themselves over the Man City game up next.

There are a few favourable comments from the more sober Evertonians. A few even want Nuno as Manager, dream on!

From what I saw, we did not play as well as against West Ham, but Everton were so poor we didn't need. Thirty eight points in the bag, safe but in all honesty we have been for many weeks now. Consolidation now for the rest of the season and a top eight finish is there for the taking.

Nine goals in the last three games and we are now showing a plus goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Prior to the game I had been reading comments on the Everton forum. They were very confident of beating us, history said so. We were only an average Championship Team and Wolves will loose all their good player in the summer. Jimenez up front is a carthorse, fact.

Reading comments today, the cat appears to be their man of the match, and the natives are not happy. The manager must go and we are a crap side. They are wetting themselves over the Man City game up next.

There are a few favourable comments from the more sober Evertonians. A few even want Nuno as Manager, dream on!

From what I saw, we did not play as well as against West Ham, but Everton were so poor we didn't need. Thirty eight points in the bag, safe but in all honesty we have been for many weeks now. Consolidation now for the rest of the season and a top eight finish is there for the taking.

Nine goals in the last three games and we are now showing a plus goal difference.
    Were you looking at the Grand Old Team forum? They seemed OK on there and were quite flattering about us in the main.

We are the only team outside the top six with a positive goal difference, although there’s nothing in it between us and the five or six below... we could finish anywhere between 6th and 13th.

I’d love us to get 50 points... that would be the icing on a near perfect two seasons.

It was an excellent performance and a great display from Wolves. No game is the same and Wolves fully deserved this victory. All over the pitch Wolves were a lot better than Everton, and i'm not exaggerating, only Andre Gomes looked like he could fit into this Wolves side. Everton are no better now under Silva than they were under Big Sam playing wise, a few spells of passing, but reverting to the ball over the top.

It's always difficult after a win like the one yesterday to pick out a man of the match. Every single player on the pitch deserves credit. Leighton Baines before kick off was only just passed fit, he had a torrid time when up against Doherty, and eventually he was withdrawn, but he can have no complaints about the penalty he conceded, which Neves scored from.

Rui Patricio did well when called upon, which wasn't that often, the Wallcott effort, claiming a few crosses, and then the header late on in the game. His kicking was also better than it has been. The defence also look a lot more solid with Boly in it.

I can take nothing away from Gomes for his equaliser, Patricio wasn't saving that!. On the break, Wolves looked like they could score at every opportunity, Jota for me yesterday was unstoppable, and when he was, it was after being fouled, you can see he is on top of his game and enjoying his football.

I think many of us who follow the game are often disappointed when the opposition score from a set-piece and zonal marking is used. Well at lest Wolves and Jiminez won't be complaining about our second goal!

The only thing missing for Jota yesterday was getting a goal, but he played his part in our third which Dendoncker scored from. I think Wolves look a lot more solid with him in the side.

What i noticed yesterday was that our passing was more precise and a lot more came off. I just hope Neves's injury isn't too bad.

A last word for the pitch intruder yesterday, you think you've seen everything in football and then appears a cat!

Highlights for those that haven't seen any yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)