+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Available cash next season

Available cash next season

If we don’t make the PL next season and stay in the Championship how bad will the finances be??

We are obviously very close to the FFP restraints and it appears shipping players out to balance the books is what is currently happening!

I assume the importance of doing well in the FA cup and the money it brings is a reason as to why we are fielding such strong teams!

I just wondered will we still be as restricted next season and will we find ourselves having to sell again to balance the books?

With FL bemoaning that he could'nt get a CB and his comments that we are in a transition period one would suspect that the answer is 'sod all'!!

We need also to learn not to throw 3 year contracts at players on the strength of a handful of decent games and then miraculously they get injured

[QUOTE=macstheman;39137125]With FL bemoaning that he could'nt get a CB and his comments that we are in a transition period one would suspect that the answer is 'sod all'!![/QUOT t
    Mac interesting you mention not being able to bring a centre back in Darren Wassall has been academy director for nearly 10yrs but I'm scratching my head to remember a centre back coming through Not having a dig because he's doing well in other positions

As I have said on another thread, FFP is assessed on a rolling 3 year cycle and our disastrous 2016/17 will disappear. Butterfield and Johnson have cost an average of at least £7M per year between them when you allow for wages and transfer fees. Add in other players finishing who are on high wages, then we should have some flexibility for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    As I have said on another thread, FFP is assessed on a rolling 3 year cycle and our disastrous 2016/17 will disappear. Butterfield and Johnson have cost an average of at least £7M per year between them when you allow for wages and transfer fees. Add in other players finishing who are on high wages, then we should have some flexibility for next season.
    Ram don't forget we have Martin Thorne and Anya all high earners still have 18 mts on their contracts to so they won't be going anywhere
    Last edited by mistaram; 06-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Will it or will it only disappear at the end of next season. Surely at the end of this season, the 3 seasons in the rolling cycle will be 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 won't they? Those will be the seasons that will see us hit by the EFL if we have gone over the FFP limit.

Or did you mean something else?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Will it or will it only disappear at the end of next season. Surely at the end of this season, the 3 seasons in the rolling cycle will be 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19 won't they? Those will be the seasons that will see us hit by the EFL if we have gone over the FFP limit.

Or did you mean something else?
    You've just proved what I said, this season is the last in the cycle 16/17,17/18 and 18/19. Next season will be the last in the cycle 17/18,18/19 and 19/20 and therefore has discarded season 16/17.

Mista, I know we still have some large earners but because 16/17 was a bad year, then for us to meet FFP, 17/18 and 18/19 must have been a bit better and by losing the likes of butterfield, Johnson, Blackwell etc, we will be losing at least £10m off the current years figures which in themselves should be below the average loss required to meet FFP.

I know what I'm trying to say, but I am not doing it very well.

You've just proved what I said, this season is the last in the cycle 16/17,17/18 and 18/19. Next season will be the last in the cycle 17/18,18/19 and 19/20 and therefore has discarded season 16/17.

Mista, I know we still have some large earners but because 16/17 was a bad year, then for us to meet FFP, 17/18 and 18/19 must have been a bit better and by losing the likes of butterfield, Johnson, Blackwell etc, we will be losing at least £10m off the current years figures which in themselves should be below the average loss required to meet FFP.

I think you've said it very well, especially about how much these wasters will remain in our memories - the name's Blackman, not Blackwell.

I get the idea of the rolling cycle, having fixed three year cycles would be a right mess

Got you now 59. Ta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)