+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Indeed

This was the rebuilding exercise that Martin gave to Csaba

M Rakovan,
    S Wardrop,
    F Frans,
    Edjengueley
    J Robson (P McMullan, 83),
    S Stanton,
    C Rabitsch (F Aird, 45),
    Y Loemba,
    A Barton,
    N Clark,
    C Curran (M Smith, 72)

subs not used

P Watson, D Glass, S Allardice, B Siegrist
    In fairness to the previous managers, they didn't have the same level of backing that Robbie is now enjoying, but jesus that is some grim reading! Really excited to see our current line up though!

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    In fairness to the previous managers, they didn't have the same level of backing that Robbie is now enjoying, but jesus that is some grim reading! Really excited to see our current line up though!
    Not sure I agree with that. McKinnon and Laszlo both signed more than 11 players and a lot of them won’t have come cheap.

The new owners have given Neilson over and above the budget from the start of the season but that wouldn’t have been necessary if previous managers had done their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. McKinnon and Laszlo both signed more than 11 players and a lot of them won’t have come cheap.

The new owners have given Neilson over and above the budget from the start of the season but that wouldn’t have been necessary if previous managers had done their jobs.
    I'm not defending the previous managers as such, but let's not pretend that we would have been chucking around the same kind of money in the summer that we have just shelled out for the quality we have just brought in, not a chance.

We are operating in a different level of the transfer market now.

No question that Robbie has more resources at his disposal than previous two bosses in my mind.

The new owner is spending as oppose to the previous regimes who were looking to reduce costs.

Agree with that Frank, proper investment in proper players. The players we have just signed are night and day compared to what’s gone on the past few years.

From a week and a bit ago thinking we were in a bad place after Ayr to now having a squad that would give you a chance of holding your own in the premier league. And that’s before another window.

We have a decent chance of going up this season, and I’ve a feeling St Mirren will get it tight this Saturday.

The pace and direct play in first half was the best ive seen for an age. Pawlett driving through middle, butcher getting stuck in but boy can he pass as well, Harkes energy and two no nonsense CBs also Smith was good. Even when the tempo dipped we still had nice touches. Safranko getss around but is not a prolific striker so if Sow comes good we should start to kill teams off. Caution though is we will get kicked from pillar to post and teams in this league are adept at counter attack. I also though Booth was good going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's really odd that some folks think Booth is really bad and others (I'm one of them) think he's very decent. I thought he had a good game today.
    i like him although alot of my mates dont ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You'd think we lost reading some of the paps on east futba, we have some fans that didn't deserve the good times before and have deserved some of the dross in recent years... Hopefully they will chill out and enjoy the good times and appreciate them when they return under Robbie

That was a comfortable win that should have been more and was only not for to a bit I slackness from Fyvie, doesn't make him a bad player or a liability or mean that Neilson is to blame for anything, why do we always need to apportion blame

Morton are no mugs and have some decent players, we had a lot of players that hadn't played much football and getting to know each others game and subs were made, a mistake leg then back in and then we saw it through without looking like losing another

Go look at our team sheet against Dunfermline on the opening day, the bench and the manager, that was worth b!tchin about
    east futbah easily the worst forum out there

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I think Robbie must have said to Booth before the game, pretend you're one of the new players
    I was calling him Superman in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    He appears to be marmite. He had step overs and cut backs on by line in first half that were brilliant.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)