+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Impressed with most of the new players, particularly 55 (Connolly), born leader, and motivator.
    Booth was utter Sh!te so not sure what game others were watching??
    Onwards and upwards, and believe (once they are all fit) we can genuinely challenge the rest! SRYB!

Pat signaled to RN that he had a problem with left hamstring b4 being subbed. Didn’t seem to be anything serious though prob jst tight due to lack of match fitness. Thought he was outstanding today. Had to be calmed down after being tackled by lad near the halfway line. Good to see that aggression and passion again. Sends out a message that we are no longer mugs. Harkes was excellent too. Agree with earlier comment very stretchess 👍

Loads more positive sounds from the folks around me today. Felt happy for the first time in as long as I can remember at Tannadice.

All of the new boys did so well today considering. They really highlighted the difference in quality and attitude between new and old.

Although pleased for the new guys (especially Harkes - the new stretch) I am equally pleased for Safranko and Clark both of whom we’re excellent.

Butcher, Pawlett, Harkes and Smith is the future.

Defence were solid and loved the constant communication amongst them all (think Booth will benefit massively from having these experienced guys alongside).

Pleased!

Biggest thing today, when Morton came into it, we never looked like not winning.
    PP is a hell of a player,
    Harkes looks super composed
    Feel for Fyvie, has had the most serious injury apart from dying a player can get.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Very good, should have been 4-5 today, good keeping from them, and a brain fart from Fyvie meant it looked closer, saw it out comfortably

Harkes excellent, as was Butcher and Pawlett

The future of bright no matter how this season ends, mugs and soft no more
    Absolutely spot on - Harkes looks like a player - Head up, range of passes, nice touch and picks a great pass pre the 2nd goal. 2 very good CHs there today for this level, experience, not getting bullied by anybody, communication and support for each other. Butcher was very good - Dig is what we have so sadly lacked for ages. Pawlett was good, took the goal well - Looks like a big upgrade on king and Macmullen. Safranko ran and ran as always - He really gives 100%. Sow will score for fun if hes fit? Good crossing and energy from Seaman too.

Good start - Onwards and upwards to Paisley next week - Still see Booth as a potential problem - Keeper needs to improve distribution too - we need quick ball going out wide, not just the punt or the 2 minute wait to allow them to regroup.

9/10 first half, 5/10 second - Overall 7/10 - Good start.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    What’s the story for next week, still no details on the website?
    Yeah, it isn't on the upcoming games section of the website, odd. Anyway, tickets are on sale at the shop, got mine after the game today.

Interesting that not much changes.
    Between the various sites the majority highlighting the positives but the the minority only interested in the negative.
    Booth and Fyvie are ****e in the main.

Pawlett was the stand out player for me for 60 minutes, Harkes MOM overall. Also Safranko's best game for a while

Connolly got mom and therefor came up to hospo where I was a guest and gave a wee speech. He mentioned how good we were in the 1st half and how not so good(5hite was his preferred word) we were in the 2nd,he also said he spoke with a few folk within the club and they'd mentioned about how weak/powder puff we'd been in recent weeks and months and that won't be happening on his watch and that every game from now on is a cup final...... The guy spoke from the heart and genuinely seemed to care.

My new favourite player.

Edit..... because I'd just realised I'd got the correct score right and one of the scorers

Anybody want me to do their coupon next week ��
    Last edited by Whitfieldarab; 02-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.

I thought Booth was good, especially his attacking in the first half. Fyvie needs more time to get back to his best, playing in the first team right now might not be the best thing for him.

When they came back into things late on maybe more of their play came down the right?

Couldn’t fault the starting 11 today.

Most positive I’ve felt in a long time following a visit to Tannadice....long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by marradonna View Post
    Good start - Onwards and upwards to Paisley next week - Still see Booth as a potential problem - Keeper needs to improve distribution too - we need quick ball going out wide, not just the punt or the 2 minute wait to allow them to regroup.
    Booth probably is the weak link in the new chain, but within this team with Cammy in front of him and Reynolds inside, i think he may improve enough with a bit of pressure taken off him.

Siegrist i have always thought was the better keeper of the summer 2 and is getting better with every game. Thats not to say he will ever be anywhere near the legend that is Clangers Langfield! He did make a few punches, even plucked the ball out the air in a challenge and late on, threw the ball out to set up a break. Everything else i think is what the manager wants but more should be made of his quick throw as it could be deadly once the players who could capitalize on that get fit.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)