+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton

Such a buzz after the first half and don’t want to get too down after the second half.
    Think Connely got his motm for bawling at Booth (and Smith I think) for letting cross in. Great to see a real leader. Like most, I thought that Butcher was brilliant. Aggressive, winning first and second balls all day, and doing a power of work defensively. Despite that, my personal motm was Harkes. What a brilliant signing this could be. Reminds me a wee bit of Stretch. Head up, gliding through that match, seemed to be a couple of seconds ahead of most around him.
    Ogren has backed the club to the hilt. And if this first USA import is anything to go by, things are looking very promising.
    Will we win the league? Still odds against I’d say but play offs? Must have a great chance.
    Lastly, Sow is going to scorecards of goals for us if he can stay fit. Big brute of a striker. Just what we need.
    Shed Rule

I thought we started the second half as we played the first, great. Morton got back into the game when Butcher went off (he did look tired though). Harkes was absolute quality, my MotM.

Harkes was my motm id kind of thought he was a token american but if he plays like that we have a very good player

Great to read from afar about the progress being made with the new players.
    Was the reported attendance correct at 4902. I was hoping to see over 6000 given the new era and excitement?

Yes it was. But keep playing/winning then they’ll come back.

It was also Baltic!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It was also Baltic!
    Just like the game, weather was great first half in the GF west lower until the sun went doon! Legs were blocks of ice by the end.

Really enjoyed that today, night and day in terms of quality play and entertainment.

I just had a sneaky feeling Harkes was going to be an all round good player, lovely passing, mobility and a bit of dig.

Out of the starting 11 not a single player was off it.

At the start of the second half we had about 3 efforts in 4 minutes.

Thought it was potentially good management by RN when he brought on Fyvie, but there was no uplift in his recent performances, he had a shocker.

The quality of Harkes and Pawlett was tremendous, best game by far Smith has had by far since he came back.

Safranko was very good and more effective, because there were better players around him. Clark was good as well today, much closer to Pavol and lovely set up for Pawlett’s goal.

No pressure game next week, I think we will take St Mirren based on today. If they can do today after a day in training what will they be like after a week? 😋

Best first half at home since Partick when cammy with got a hat trick in 2016

Very good, should have been 4-5 today, good keeping from them, and a brain fart from Fyvie meant it looked closer, saw it out comfortably

Harkes excellent, as was Butcher and Pawlett

The future of bright no matter how this season ends, mugs and soft no more

Quote Originally Posted by AussieArab44 View Post
    Great to read from afar about the progress being made with the new players.
    Was the reported attendance correct at 4902. I was hoping to see over 6000 given the new era and excitement?

There is no way that figure is right, why would we have a sub 5k crowd today, no chance, it looked more like 6000 so I am guessing the 4 should have been a 5 and there has been a mix up somewhere

Amateur stuff

Spot on about the best since the first half since Partick, that’s been a long wait.

Crowd looked better than what was reported, and there was certainly a better atmosphere buoyed by the performance.

What’s the story for next week, still no details on the website?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)