+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Shankland

Lawrence Shankland

I was at the Ross County v Ayr United game last night which was very good. Lawrence Shankland led the line well, scored one goal and made another and was a handful for the County defense all night. Apart from scoring he has a very good touch. Think we let a talented player slip through our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I was at the Ross County v Ayr United game last night which was very good. Lawrence Shankland led the line well, scored one goal and made another and was a handful for the County defense all night. Apart from scoring he has a very good touch. Think we let a talented player slip through our fingers.
    Prepare to be told otherwise min.

Found his level blah blah blah

He never got a chance with us in my humble opinion But everyone to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    He never got a chance with us in my humble opinion But everyone to their own.
    You will probablly be told he did get a chance too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    It was pretty difficult to give him a chance to be fair - we played with 1 up front and we had Rooney who was consistently one of the top scoring forwards in the Scotland. If he'd been around at the start of this season I'm sure he'd have got more opportunities in the way that Cosgrove did. Just one of those things - bad timing. I think he's also got himself significantly fitter in the last couple of seasons so that's maybe helped him too. I'm still undecided on whether he'll go on and make it at a higher level though. Time will tell.

It doesn't matter to be fair. Being the lone striker with us is thankless at times.

You win some and you lose some when it comes to young players but Cosgrove proves that he could have been a player with us.

As was said when this came up before, it was the right decision at the time. He was out on loan in the final season of his contract at Morton (a team who made the Championship play offs so not a struggling team) where he scored only 4 goals and had 1 assist in 31 games so absolutely no reason based on that (and prior seasons) to continue to have him taking up a wage in our squad. As DC says time will tell how he performs if he makes it to the top league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The anchor man couldn’t get the best out of him. Too attacking to suit our style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    As was said when this came up before, it was the right decision at the time. He was out on loan in the final season of his contract at Morton (a team who made the Championship play offs so not a struggling team) where he scored only 4 goals and had 1 assist in 31 games so absolutely no reason based on that (and prior seasons) to continue to have him taking up a wage in our squad. As DC says time will tell how he performs if he makes it to the top league.
    You could say the same for McKenna and Cosgrove as well with those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The anchor man couldn’t get the best out of him. Too attacking to suit our style of play.
    Maybe it just needs another manager to show DM how to play players in their best positions, a bit like Stewart at Killie...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast