+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Lincoln City 02.02.19

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Great result, for once the back 4 looked comfortable, early days but the signings look a massive improvement on what we had. Hemings look very match unfit, need to play to Enzios strengths. Special word for Stead, immense today, always the first name on the team sheet.
    I thought Stead was poor. Funny old game isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    For the bottom club to draw with the top club, it’s definitely a good result, especially as there was so little time to mould all the new players into a coherent team. It’s given me a chink of hope for the rest of the season.

We could easily have won that game and we could easily have lost it. A point is welcome against the league leaders and if you'd have been a neutral watching, I'm not sure you would have been able to distinguish between the struggling side and the table topping side. Let's hope this is just a beginning and with a bit of time, this side will gel into an even better unit.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Love your optimism, Moreton, but the odds I reckon are about 1-4 against our survival. Very few easy games in our remaining fixtures.
    So what are your thoughts on the performance of the new players introduced today?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    8pts off safety - 16 games to go. And we play Morecambe.
    Not impossible. Still a bit of hope.
    With that late penalty miss, maybe Hardy's image is a lucky talisman, like a rabbit's foot or something

7pts ???, or are you adding one for our horrendous G/D???

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Love your optimism, Moreton, but the odds I reckon are about 1-4 against our survival. Very few easy games in our remaining fixtures.
    I think your odds are about right, Sid, but one thing that might go in our favour is that there are quite a lot of fixtures left against teams in mid table. Towards the end of the season, it might be better to be playing sides like that, rather than the likes of Macclesfield, Yeovil and Cambridge who, like us, will be fighting for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I think your odds are about right, Sid, but one thing that might go in our favour is that there are quite a lot of fixtures left against teams in mid table. Towards the end of the season, it might be better to be playing sides like that, rather than the likes of Macclesfield, Yeovil and Cambridge who, like us, will be fighting for survival.
    I’m in full agreement with you. Surprisingly this season we have done better against the teams in the top ten. A draw today against Lincoln, and we even drew (and came close to beating) Bury. We also drew to Colchester and beat Tranmere. I’ve no fear against us playing anyone in the top half of the table.

It’s those teams who are in and around us where we have struggled because they fight and scrap and we’ve not come anywhere near them in terms of competing in that manner. That should hopefully now change.

Great point,season started today for this new team.really think we can do it,listening to the feedback & just chatting to the old man

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    7pts ???, or are you adding one for our horrendous G/D???
    Yeah, best not sugarcoat it. We're 13 goals worse than Morecambe, who are our target.

AAaaaaaah so good to see a battling performance for once. We matched Lincoln in every department, and the new boys were all an improvement. O'Brien and Doyle really showed what we've been missing in midfield. It's an excellent point, but the game could have gone either way really.

The last minute penalty shout we had - looked like the ref bottled it to me. Anyone seen it since? I thought the ref had a crazy match. I mean giving them a corner when Akinde scuffed the penalty wide, only to overrule himself once he was the Notts players' reactions. Mate, if you aren't absolutely sure it's a corner, why are you giving it?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    AAaaaaaah so good to see a battling performance for once. We matched Lincoln in every department, and the new boys were all an improvement. O'Brien and Doyle really showed what we've been missing in midfield. It's an excellent point, but the game could have gone either way really.

The last minute penalty shout we had - looked like the ref bottled it to me. Anyone seen it since? I thought the ref had a crazy match. I mean giving them a corner when Akinde scuffed the penalty wide, only to overrule himself once he was the Notts players' reactions. Mate, if you aren't absolutely sure it's a corner, why are you giving it?
    There was another incident a few minutes earlier where their keeper tipped the ball round the post and he gave a goal kick. Overall, a draw was a fair result.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast