+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arabzone

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    You live in Dundee, you said as much yourself. Some of us don't and arabzone is all we have. What exactly is it you think people should do about it? Having a pop at folk for no reason, how about you stick your bottle of red wine up your arse, that should warm it up nicely! ��
    Not having a pop at anyone for no reason, especially folk that can't make games for any reason.....it's the folk moaning all the fkn time about fkn *******ing Arabzone... Don't fkn subscribe. Fk thum.

.... and the wine was too fkn cold to warm me up nicely... Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Not having a pop at anyone for no reason, especially folk that can't make games for any reason.....it's the folk moaning all the fkn time about fkn *******ing Arabzone... Don't fkn subscribe. Fk thum.

.... and the wine was too fkn cold to warm me up nicely... Ouch
    Hahaha fair enough. It's not always great but for 5 pounds a month I put up with it as I've not much option really. Sorry if I was offensive, just not a big wine fan 😂😉

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Been absolutely garbage for the best part of over a decade.

Been a subscriber for years and the technical issues have been a constant feature. Only asked for a refund a few times when it's been down for more than half the game and always got it straight away. If you've paid to watch the whole game and you've not been able to see it only for a couple of minutes then you're still entitled to a refund. Asked for a refund yesterday and will ask for one every time from now on if I can't watch the whole game as it may introduce some accountability within Arabzone. If everyone like me puts up the a dodgy service without asking for a refund then the farcical nature of the service will continue. Don't want to take money back from the club but they are taking the mickey. I don't think that the Arabzone team do this for free out of the goodness of their hearts and they make DUFC look like amatuers to anyone trying to use their service as previously highlighted. Time for a small but capable external (or new in-house) media company to come in and take over this - this will happen quicker if EVERYONE who has been diddled the £8 demands a refund EVERYTIME the coverage is lost even for a couple of minutes. The reply I got yesterday was along the lines of - 'Sorry we had issues and a refund is on it's way - Thank you for your support!' I don't think they appreciate that they are a total effin joke as they are amateurs who probably think they are doing a crackin job - it's embarrassing for our club that this has gone on for so long now. Get in touch with them today (see below) to get your money back and if everyone does this for every game that has 'technical difficulties' then questions may be finally asked!

Telephone: 01382 833166 (option 5)
    Communications and Media Manager: Riki Grauer
    Email: communications@dundeeunitedfc.co.uk

U
    Quote Originally Posted by NostradamusArab View Post
    Been a subscriber for years and the technical issues have been a constant feature. Only asked for a refund a few times when it's been down for more than half the game and always got it straight away. If you've paid to watch the whole game and you've not been able to see it only for a couple of minutes then you're still entitled to a refund. Asked for a refund yesterday and will ask for one every time from now on if I can't watch the whole game as it may introduce some accountability within Arabzone. If everyone like me puts up the a dodgy service without asking for a refund then the farcical nature of the service will continue. Don't want to take money back from the club but they are taking the mickey. I don't think that the Arabzone team do this for free out of the goodness of their hearts and they make DUFC look like amatuers to anyone trying to use their service as previously highlighted. Time for a small but capable external (or new in-house) media company to come in and take over this - this will happen quicker if EVERYONE who has been diddled the £8 demands a refund EVERYTIME the coverage is lost even for a couple of minutes. The reply I got yesterday was along the lines of - 'Sorry we had issues and a refund is on it's way - Thank you for your support!' I don't think they appreciate that they are a total effin joke as they are amateurs who probably think they are doing a crackin job - it's embarrassing for our club that this has gone on for so long now. Get in touch with them today (see below) to get your money back and if everyone does this for every game that has 'technical difficulties' then questions may be finally asked!

Telephone: 01382 833166 (option 5)
    Communications and Media Manager: Riki Grauer
    Email: communications@dundeeunitedfc.co.uk
    It can’t be too hard in this day and age to stream a match in good quality? If the media team either don’t have the required equipment, or indeed don’t have the capable savvy to do this, they should then speak with people who do. Dundee is a centre of excellence in the gaming industry and a major factor is the ability to stream these games the world over. There are some very successful tech/media guys still loosely connected to the boardroom and businessman’s club who’s whole business centres around this and if they didn’t get that right they would be phukked. If these lads can create games like Lemmings, Bloons, GTA and manage to have these games streamed in excellent quality to devices all over the globe, then I’d urge the media manager to make contact with these people to share ideas, discuss problems and sort this matter out once and for all, and if these guys can’t do it themselves they will certainly know someone who can.......help is only a phone call away and it would save the club spunking money on refunds.

I’m a tech guy and offered my services for free a while back. Spoke to Joe Rice and he made it clear they didn’t want any help thanks. They had it under control he said. Moaned that they’re providing the service with an old pc and a dodgy copy of Adobe Media Encoder. Plus the cheapest server they could find. They also have a poor understanding of how to set up audio and video equipment. But the main point that came across is they think they’re providing this service as a favour to everyone. If you’re not part of the group of mates that’s putting it together in this amateurish way you’re not welcome. I think they like the access they get to the players etc. I can understand that but I think for a pro football team it’s a poor state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    U

It can’t be too hard in this day and age to stream a match in good quality? If the media team either don’t have the required equipment, or indeed don’t have the capable savvy to do this, they should then speak with people who do. Dundee is a centre of excellence in the gaming industry and a major factor is the ability to stream these games the world over. There are some very successful tech/media guys still loosely connected to the boardroom and businessman’s club who’s whole business centres around this and if they didn’t get that right they would be phukked. If these lads can create games like Lemmings, Bloons, GTA and manage to have these games streamed in excellent quality to devices all over the globe, then I’d urge the media manager to make contact with these people to share ideas, discuss problems and sort this matter out once and for all, and if these guys can’t do it themselves they will certainly know someone who can.......help is only a phone call away and it would save the club spunking money on refunds.
    As an overseas Arab AZone is the only means I have to watch any games at Tannadice live. I grudge paying for the current level and quality of service provided. I’d be more willing to fork out money if the streaming worked properly and the picture quality was better. Maybe it’s on the new regimes to do list. I certainly hope so!

I'm still pissed off that it's worse since it moved over to the official site, it was much better before and had full seasons worth of games and content from 2006/2007 when arabzone started, the entire Levein Houston era, where is that now? And all the unique vids of fans celebrating etc at games home and away

Get it sorted please so we can access that stuff again

USArab, gets my agreement. In fact the €9.50 I pay would happily be increased to €15-20 if I knew I was going to get a good stream, decent playback and commentary that said it as it is. Yesterday again was gash, no picture at the beginning, missed first goal, when the picture arrived it was watching coloured blurs running around the screen. This constant directorship who continually changes angles in an 'arty' way should be binned. I am paying for a TV service and want to be close to the action, not watching from the other end of the ground when United have a corner.......

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    USArab, gets my agreement. In fact the €9.50 I pay would happily be increased to €15-20 if I knew I was going to get a good stream, decent playback and commentary that said it as it is. Yesterday again was gash, no picture at the beginning, missed first goal, when the picture arrived it was watching coloured blurs running around the screen. This constant directorship who continually changes angles in an 'arty' way should be binned. I am paying for a TV service and want to be close to the action, not watching from the other end of the ground when United have a corner.......
    I think when the new MD guy Mal or either of the Ogrens decide to have look at this there will be changes. No way are they going to accept amateur day in any shape or form when it comes to Dundee United.

Hasta manana baby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)