+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Interesting comment by Neil Harris to the South London Press.

“The positives are that it is a clean sheet. We stood strong against the biggest team I’ve ever seen on a football pitch and the most direct, they play it very well.”

Everton must be poor team

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    A good point but had the Millwall player scored with that easy chance at the death then comments on this thread would have been much more critical.

A formation forced by injuries to a squad that isn’t big enough nor flexible enough for this division. We are still a league 1 squad punching above our weight.
    I agree in a way Grist, but all season we've had game changing moments that defines our season. We remember the misses by Smith today and both Robertson and Ajayi against Brent ford that would have put us in front. The Taylor shot againt Leeds that hit the post in early season that would have put us 1 up when we lost 2-0 and the Williams effort that hit the post against Norwich, that would have put us 2-0 up when we lost 3-1.
    We conveniently forget that Ipswich were better than us in first home game we won, and Stoke Preston Swansea and Reading all murdered us first half at our place, but non of them could beat us. My point is that we are where we are and so is everyone else, and this is a welcome point against a relegation rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Interesting comment by Neil Harris to the South London Press.

“The positives are that it is a clean sheet. We stood strong against the biggest team I’ve ever seen on a football pitch and the most direct, they play it very well.”
    Yep, not many teams start with four centre backs.

Post on Millwall forum:

Going to be tight this season. Got a difficult run of games coming up. Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday is massive

Also, geographically-challenged post:

We never beat those desolate midlands bstards.
    Last edited by great_fire; 02-02-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Post on Millwall forum:

Also, geographically-challenged post:
    We are actually North midlands

On the game, i thought crooks played well. I was frustrated with Ajayi and when they should have scored at the end it was because Ajayi gave it away.

I think we had more in us than what we gave and I think we had the potential to beat them.

I was in hospitality and they were really good hosts. Brought the kids sweets and kept topping the wine up. Enjoyed my day overall and I would say a draw was a fair enough result.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    We are actually North midlands
    The North Midlands is a loosely defined area of England. It is typically held to include the counties of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Midlands

Looks like Vaulks has sorted Millwall out single handed.
    No messing with the scouser

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/millwall

Well we’re now 30 games into the season and good luck and bad luck is levelling out and teams are finding their true position in the league

Our issues are now more obvious, we don’t score often enough, we leak too many goals, we play players out of position and our players are picking up more injuries

The league now has a definite bottom 4 and we are one point to the good but with a poorer goal difference than Reading who are on our coat tails.

We can survive but then what? More of the same next season? Nothing we’ve seen during the transfer window suggests it won’t be any different.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast