+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ackworth miller View Post
    Good point today at a tough place to go. Well done to Warney for trying something different. Happy we got a clean sheet as well- maybe 3-5-2 is the way to go away from home?

ackworth, maybe this formation is the way to go forward period. it worked so why not try it at home?

A well earned point today that us above the chasing 3 and long may this continue.

Well done Warne and the lads.

Bonus is that Crooks was motm and most injuries seem to be cleared up Williams back as well ,reasons to be optomistic

A good point but had the Millwall player scored with that easy chance at the death then comments on this thread would have been much more critical.

A formation forced by injuries to a squad that isn’t big enough nor flexible enough for this division. We are still a league 1 squad punching above our weight.

He didn’t score at the end though.
    If smith would have scored we would be saying different too.
    Great point well done to all concerned.
    Mention to the travelling support brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    He didn’t score at the end though.
    If smith would have scored we would be saying different too.
    Great point well done to all concerned.
    Mention to the travelling support brilliant.
    Well said. Wish people would stop moaning on here!

Happy with a point in the end, though as mentioned above we do need to be more clinical.

First half I wasn't sure about the formation and one or two seemed not to know their role. It seemed that we had 6 or 7 defenders just trying to hoof it upfield. After a nervous first 10 mins Icky had a soild first Championship start, like wise Crooks, who didn't look out of place and was all over the pitch in the second half.

Not sure about the Yates & Smith combo - maybe they need more time to settle i together. Smith looked a bit tired, and should have scored with the 1v1. Yates put himself about but (other than the flick-on for Smith's chance) they didn't seem to work together.

Second half we started to put a few moves together, passing ou way forward which was good to see.

Again, a match that 2 years ago we'd have lost.

MoM I think Crooks just shaded it over Ajayi.

Thought burger me when I saw the line up but it worked. We were much the better side in the second half and it would have been a travesty if they had scored late on. Saying that a draw was probably fair enough but they were at home and had the ref as well. But they are 2 poor sides and whether the system would work against a better side remains to be seen. Pluses Ajayi, Crooks, bad miss by Smith he wasn't himself today but had to take some stick from their big lads. Still don't think Yates is upto standard, I'd love him to be but alas not. Overall happy with a hard earned point.

I only managed to watch about a third of today’s game (and that was with the sound off and grandchildren running around) so I’m not going to make any definitive judgements. It just seems that we had opportunities occasionally to play a passing game as a route to goal given that Millwall really weren’t anything special but we just kept hammering it upfield in the hope of finding a forward. As a result Millwall just sat on us in our half since they knew exactly what we would do. It’s that predictability that is making the difference between us being safe in this league and sitting in the relegation battlefield. I’m really pleased to see Williams is on the mend. He has his limitations but he is so valuable in making opposition midfields sit back a bit. My five cents worth anyway I’m pleased with the draw. My gut feel is that if it hadn’t been 0-0 it would have been 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    In the end I suppose it is a good point gained but I do feel that we've missed the chance to gain all three against a side that weren't any better than us. We need to put a chance or two in the back of the net because we don't create many chances and it's not very often we keep a clean sheet. It's gonna be a nail biting end to the season, again, but we've all been here before so no medication needed this time around. ha-ha
    That's good to hear Nez. Last time we went through this you took 2 years sick leave off here. Welcome back!

Been to the match...
    The good news - a well deserved point for Warneys Wingless Wonders. Good following of Millers supporters on a bitterly cold day too. A rare clean sheet - Rodak had little to do against a lightweight Millwall attack. We looked much more solid defensively down the flanks too.
    The bad news... it was a fairly poor Millwall defence , but we had no cutting edge in the final third. Smithy failed to put away a couple of chances that a typical Championship striker would have scored . Yates played quite well, but never looked like scoring, nor did anybody else. Difficult to see who we can actually beat away after failing to score in today's game and the one at Ipswich. Crooks played quite well but went off injured - let's hope that he is ok. Usual load of over-50s Millwall nutters who were more interested in goading the Millers fans than watching the game - some things never change. What a bunch of saddoes!
    Not signing a goalscorer could easily be the difference between us staying up and going down - forget about that youth team winger from Liverpool, we should have been trying to sign a finisher, but we've failed to do so. Still some individual errors - one almost gifting Millwall a completely undeserved winner in the last minute.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 02-02-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast