+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Millwall Post Match Thoughts

A stressful and disappointing week for some fans is book ended by two performances that surely show these are not The Millers of two years ago and we are not the whipping boys of this division. A team today that nobody would have predicted have shown we do have a little strength in depth and can adapt to meet a challenge. Still out of the bottom 3 but it is looking like perm any 3 from 4 although still a long way to go and time for a couple of others to get drawn into the mix.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-02-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Warne did something a bit unpredictable and it worked (just).

And both us and Millwall were in for Leon Clarke who scored the winning goal for Wigan today.
    Last edited by great_fire; 02-02-2019 at 05:15 PM.

We need to have this formation at home now.

We're back on to the form we were showing before Christmas. It looks like Crooks is better than Towell and is brave and quick thinking.

The system suited us I though! They were shell shocked or just shît!

Yates has come back a mister and Icky had a steady game. Smith had his worst game but was still there, in the right spot to shoot. I had forgot that Ajayi was playing but he popped up in the second half to make the extra man in midfield and then at the end he saved the team with a great challenge!
    I said last week that we were back and I have to agree with myself! Great team preformance, under a new system that suited the players!

Yes good result. Was disappointed with nothing in at the transfer window but that’s gone now and we have to get behind the lads. As long as we keep our small squad fit we’ve a good chance. Always a tough place to go and it keeps Millwall in range too.

Surprised at the line up.
    Good battling game. Better 2nd half than 1st.
    Didn’t deserve to win and didn’t deserve to lose, a fair result.
    4 booked and to see Gregory miss right on time made my day.
    Still out of bottom three.
    Onwards and upwards.
    U.T..M.

Good point today at a tough place to go. Well done to Warney for trying something different. Happy we got a clean sheet as well- maybe 3-5-2 is the way to go away from home?

Yep just seen that miss on twitter, Well done Ajayi but we have to be a bit more tuned in to quick breaks. Phew with that one that would have been gutting if that had gone in. Did Ajayi touch it so was it a corner. Plus he had to get it right his challenge or it would have been a pen. He does some daft things Ajayi but he does some great things as well.

In the end I suppose it is a good point gained but I do feel that we've missed the chance to gain all three against a side that weren't any better than us. We need to put a chance or two in the back of the net because we don't create many chances and it's not very often we keep a clean sheet. It's gonna be a nail biting end to the season, again, but we've all been here before so no medication needed this time around. ha-ha

Scrapped well today. Bit more intelligence going forward would be handy and of course Smith finishing that chance would have been nice too. Pretty even overall though and good to see Warne intelligently trying something different - got all the tall players in so we were ok at set pieces and we defended well overall.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast