+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs and Barclay

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I disagree, thought Schofield looked a bit dodgy several times, CMS and Alexandro were disappointing if I'm honest, we looked much stronger going forward after the substitutions.
    I would agree that CMS didn't have the best of games. He looked rusty and un-fit.

I disagree, thought Schofield looked a bit dodgy several times, CMS and Alexandro were disappointing if I'm honest, we looked much stronger going forward after the substitutions.
    Ok I will give you that about Schofield, thought he might have done better with the goal.
    But I thought CMS worked hard and did ok to say it was his first game.

I cannot agree with your opinion the keeper plays with a lot of confidence as could be seen by the way the back 4 played he commanded his area well & did what was expected from him. CMS ran he socks off created space by his movement & had a good debut for just 1 training session Alexandro also did well imo still making his way back from a layoff after injury. All in all a good all round performance from virtually a new team no complaints from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I cannot agree with your opinion the keeper plays with a lot of confidence as could be seen by the way the back 4 played he commanded his area well & did what was expected from him. CMS ran he socks off created space by his movement & had a good debut for just 1 training session Alexandro also did well imo still making his way back from a layoff after injury. All in all a good all round performance from virtually a new team no complaints from me.
    Indeed! It’s churlish in the extreme to criticise anyone after that result. We ve made snowflakes look like stone for most games this season so to stand up to the team top of the league and get something out of it is very heartening( whether it’s enough in the long run is another matter!)

Watching abroad on ifollow, was really impressed by the whole team performance. Allesandra crosses lacked a bit of edge and Jennings looks away of full fitness but other than that was very pleased. I thought all the new signings did fabulous, central defence lads were solid and calm, rose ran his socks off and looks dangerous going forward too, stead played well and got all important goal. Doyle and O'Brien bossed midfield , Doyle was my MoM .I disagree with comments about CMS , I thought he ran and ran , held ball up well and almost sneaked in with a goal. All round desire, effort , fight as there in spades today.early days but have. Much better feeling now. Well done Ardley on transfers, considering our plight and position you have done really well with the quality. COYP !!!!!

Damn predictive, hemmings not Jennings !!!

For those of you who didn't catch the words of the Kops' latest chant, (including me).

https://twitter.com/NCFCshorey/statu...69708884488192

Two lads at the back in the middle were outstanding. Great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    What a performance from these two young lads. I was worried about them being inexperienced but they were excellent.
    Stubbs gave away the penalty but we looked solid.
    Agreed. I was a bit wary, - Barclay is growing into the role, but was outstanding yesterday. They both were. The penalty was a "cheat". Their forward player running in a straight line deliberately puts his right leg out to facilitate contact which wouldn't normally happen. You see Vardy do this as do several others in the so-called Premier League. Justice was done by the miss, although what the referee was doing giving a corner I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Stubbs was immense, up against Akinde who tried his best to bully him off the park but got nowhere. He was my motm today, was unlucky with the penalty.

Milsom has apparently been playing LB in training for last couple of weeks and to be fair to him he did a pretty good job.
    LB position has been an issue for the last two seasons and I Have been saying for all that time that Milsom is the best LB on the books, but until now, the managers couldn't see it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast