+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs and Barclay

Stubbs and Barclay

What a performance from these two young lads. I was worried about them being inexperienced but they were excellent.
    Stubbs gave away the penalty but we looked solid.

Why Milly left back tho? We've given Evina a conny till the end of the season. Is he injured? Having said that, Milly did do OK.

Milly did well but so did everyone, Stead had a fine game up front.

Evina and Jones are both about as weak as each other at left back so I'm not too upset with Milsom at left back, Moniz once said he was an average player in midfield but an "exceptional talent" at full back

Was worried about how well the two youngsters would do but they both had strong games, I thought the penalty looked soft but it was a silly challenge to try and make, especailly when the ref seemed determined to even things up from the minute he awarded the penalty to us in the first few minutes

Huge performances from the two centre backs. I thought Barclay in particular was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Huge performances from the two centre backs. I thought Barclay in particular was excellent.
    Both emerged with considerable credit. To stand up to the physical threat posed by Akinde in the manner they did was good to see.

I remember a game at Wycombe under Moniz when Milsom had a strong game at left back and made a goal from a fast overlap.
    That must have been 3 years ago now. Hope he can still play like that

Stubbs was immense, up against Akinde who tried his best to bully him off the park but got nowhere. He was my motm today, was unlucky with the penalty.

Milsom has apparently been playing LB in training for last couple of weeks and to be fair to him he did a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Both emerged with considerable credit. To stand up to the physical threat posed by Akinde in the manner they did was good to see.
    Very solid performance from both of the centre backs but I was very impressed by Mitch Rose. Thought he had a great game and possesses an awesome throw too.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Milly did well but so did everyone, Stead had a fine game up front.
    I disagree, thought Schofield looked a bit dodgy several times, CMS and Alexandro were disappointing if I'm honest, we looked much stronger going forward after the substitutions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast