+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solid Enough Performance

Solid Enough Performance

Not at our best but far from our worst display so far this season .

Top performance from Alex Mowatt , absolutely superb today , at the heart of everything we did and scored the opener to boot .

Up to second in the table at long last .

Just got to keep churning those wins out , we can't affect any of the teams results around us so all we can do is concentrate on our own business .

Onwards and upwards .

Well we're almost two-thirds into the season now Animal, and we're in the runners-up spot at the moment!.
    Things are going very nicely right now, and Im glad that we didnt go mad and sell anybody in the recent transfer window.

This last third of the season could turn out to be very interesting, and maybe even very exciting for us as well. Come on BARNSLEY!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not at our best but far from our worst display so far this season .

Top performance from Alex Mowatt , absolutely superb today , at the heart of everything we did and scored the opener to boot .

Up to second in the table at long last .

Just got to keep churning those wins out , we can't affect any of the teams results around us so all we can do is concentrate on our own business .

Onwards and upwards .
    Agree not at our best , some good individual performances , Brown , Lindsey, Pinnock , Mowatt top class today , well worth his MOM award , scoreline didn't do us justice , 4 maybe 5 nil would have been fair , Don't mention Keefa !!!

I was just starting to thunk we were Brazilian just before the Pontyend piped up. I can control them with my thoughts. A win is a win and aftr the last two performances today felt so much better.

Am not gerrin too giddy yit.

Tha wins nowt in February. !6 games to go and 32 pts needed to reach 91 pts which a think al be the minimum fo automatic. Wiv laiked a lot of the bottom clubs twice nar and are cummin up to squeaky bum time. A lot of aar lads ev farnd their feet at this level and are flourishing in the Third Division. The last three games ev been solid at best but wiv picked up the points and thats wots required.

Cue "tha norra reyt fan thee" stuff but thats aarra see it at minnit.

decent match not the best but i felt we are a lil blunt in and around the box all those chances but nothing really on target.

we need to work on the finishing shoot straight away instead of that extra touch.

Really pleased with how mcgeehan as stepped up he's everywhere in that midfield. I think if we're serious about top 2 we ought be aiming to win every game and thats what stendel an co a doin. Seen somethin interesting these last 5-10 games, if we turn up the points are ours, but, when we been not quite at it, or plain gash, we've still got somethin out the game, ***** points we'll need them. Only way we don't go up now is if we screw it up ourselves, from what I've seen, no team in this league can deal with us when we show up.

Just hope we keep injury and suspension free else we could be towing

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Really pleased with how mcgeehan as stepped up he's everywhere in that midfield. I think if we're serious about top 2 we ought be aiming to win every game and thats what stendel an co a doin. Seen somethin interesting these last 5-10 games, if we turn up the points are ours, but, when we been not quite at it, or plain gash, we've still got somethin out the game, ***** points we'll need them. Only way we don't go up now is if we screw it up ourselves, from what I've seen, no team in this league can deal with us when we show up.
    This wi' bells on mate

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Just hope we keep injury and suspension free else we could be towing
    Yes, there are times when I sigh about some of the stupid, petulant childish behaviour that has brought up yellow cards. Who is close to suspension?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast