+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Andrew Dallas 11 match thread and roll call etc

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Irrespective of blaming dodging questionable refereeing etc the hard fact remains we should not be shipping 8 fkn goals at home in two fkn games to the ugly fkn sisters (4 each) that is just totally not fkn acceptable, simple as that really.

SF
    That was what my first thoughts as I shuffled out of Section Y early after the 4th goal Sevco goal. We were pushing for the equaliser by the time their final goal went in but the game had been lost in the first half. Too defensively minded in the first half but not solid enough for it to be effective.

We've been two easy to score against in the last few weeks especially against the gruesome twosome...

When I saw the team last night I knew we were in trouble. After a good victory at Easter Road on Saturday McInnes goes and mucks about with the team yet again in a big match. How often has it happened at Pittodrie and in Cup Semi finals and Finals in Glasgow and he never learns. Last night it was Considine to left back, Lowe left midfield and possibly Logan man marking Candeis (?) although with Logan you are never sure what he is doing. And in the second half he puts Stewart on the right wing! The result of course was a disjointed performance and the team never really got going and got what they deserved. McInnes over thinks thing far too much in the big matches rather than leave well alone with a team playing well. I am afraid that is his style and he is never going to change.

I'm not purely blaming McKenna for last night, but as I still am fkn gutted (another big game fkd up by wrong tactics) I have watched things over and over again this morning. And while I agree that some of the refereeing calls were fkn awful, the McGregor one with his studs right into the shin of Ferguson could have been a career ending tackle but yet it goes "un-noticed" and un-punished by the officials that was fkn scandalous and quite frankly astounding.
    But back to McKenna wtf was his arm doing up there for their penalty anyway, him and McInnes cannot honestly expect us to believe he was claiming for offsides ffs, jeeeeezuz
    Happy for my good mate Mrs Cosgrove's young loon looks as if he might be able to carry on and continue to prove me wrong and I hope you do big man, right place right time and all that, it's not hard that's what a centre forward is supposed to do so credit again to the big man.

On to Sunday which is now massive and let's not fk it up and lets get the job done without the need of a fkn replay ffs.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You answered your question

Assuming we’d scored the pen, it was 3-3 & we’d be 10 v 9.

ANOTHER game changing decision given by a SEVCO supporting ref for SEVCO.
    FU*K THE SFA.
    And I do not doubt for one second that the SFA Compliance officer will trot out the " Referee saw it , so we caqnnot do anything else " excuse ?

Having seen the Morelos/McKenna red card incident thi morning from another angel. It`s very very very clear that Morelos took special care to aim and stamp on McKenna. And McKennas attempted kick looks more like a defensive manoevre to protect his gonads !!!
    If the sourfaced hunt deviant gets his card reduced on this one, then it`s all bets off. Frankly it should go to Court as an assault.

Agree with all the comments about team picked being too defensive. I wonder if McInnes played Lowe left midfield to nullify Tavernier forward runs as that has been a threat in previous matches. If so then as I have said before I wish he would stop messing up our best team just to try to stop the opposition.

Pick our best team and let opposition worry about us, especially at home.

My over riding feeling coming out of the ground last night was one of frustration.

That's the best we've played against them this season - didn't deserve to lose but by f'uck we've got to sort the defending out.

I thought we were comfortable first half and the first goal came from nothing.

The first goal was a car crash. Logan lost Kent, just let him run away from him - not good enough. Lewis is an excellent keeper but that was a really poor attempt at a stop. Then Harvey Price is in acres of space where the RB should be.

Second goal not much better. Backed off and got punished for it again. That's 3 goals in the last 2 games we've lost from teams coming at us down the middle and us backing off. Sort it out!

Third goal was clearly offside - yet ignored - which will be why McKenna's hand was up. Still naïve of him though in that situation.

Fourth goal we were picked off when pushing for the equaliser but Hoban (who was excellent) should have tracked Defoe instead of getting pulled towards the ball as we had two other players there to take care of that.

We're simply not going to win these games with these types of defensive mistakes.

Logan was utterly abysmal - again. Even DM admitted it by subbing him. Time's up. He needs replaced. If we ever get the back 4 fit and available get Hoban in at RB with McKenna and Devlin in the middle and Lowe at LB.

McKenna had a poor game but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was rusty after his lay off. Maybe should not have been pitched straight back into this one. That said he was stupid getting himself sent off. Harvey Price was walking for his stamp in the nads so if he'd kept his cool we'd have been 11 v 10.

Should of course have been 11 v 9 when that scumbag keeper deliberately tried to do Ferguson. Pen and red card ignored. Compliance officer no doubt looking the other way too - apart from rescinding Harvey's red card obviously.

If and when McKenna goes though, I'd be perfectly happy to see us get Hoban in permanently if at all possible as a replacement. Best defender on the park for us last night as he was at Easter Road too.

Shinnie was immense again in the middle. We'll miss that if/when he goes. Thought GMS & Stewart did well out wide and got in some dangerous positions. Wilson linked up well when he came on. Cosgrove was good, put himself about and scored another two - cant ask much more.

We've got some good creative forward players in that squad, just got to find the right formation to use them.

So poor defending and the unsurprising "honest mistakes" cost us last night. As others have said losing 8 goals at home to the cheeks is just not acceptable and we need to get that sorted out.

Individual errors and piss poor performances from McKenna and Logan.

Can't legislate for McKenna acting like a school boy for the penalty.

Thought we were absolutely excellent second half but the first half was, well, sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    My over riding feeling coming out of the ground last night was one of frustration.

That's the best we've played against them this season - didn't deserve to lose but by f'uck we've got to sort the defending out.

I thought we were comfortable first half and the first goal came from nothing.

The first goal was a car crash. Logan lost Kent, just let him run away from him - not good enough. Lewis is an excellent keeper but that was a really poor attempt at a stop. Then Harvey Price is in acres of space where the RB should be.

Second goal not much better. Backed off and got punished for it again. That's 3 goals in the last 2 games we've lost from teams coming at us down the middle and us backing off. Sort it out!

Third goal was clearly offside - yet ignored - which will be why McKenna's hand was up. Still naïve of him though in that situation.

Fourth goal we were picked off when pushing for the equaliser but Hoban (who was excellent) should have tracked Defoe instead of getting pulled towards the ball as we had two other players there to take care of that.

We're simply not going to win these games with these types of defensive mistakes.

Logan was utterly abysmal - again. Even DM admitted it by subbing him. Time's up. He needs replaced. If we ever get the back 4 fit and available get Hoban in at RB with McKenna and Devlin in the middle and Lowe at LB.

McKenna had a poor game but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was rusty after his lay off. Maybe should not have been pitched straight back into this one. That said he was stupid getting himself sent off. Harvey Price was walking for his stamp in the nads so if he'd kept his cool we'd have been 11 v 10.

Should of course have been 11 v 9 when that scumbag keeper deliberately tried to do Ferguson. Pen and red card ignored. Compliance officer no doubt looking the other way too - apart from rescinding Harvey's red card obviously.

If and when McKenna goes though, I'd be perfectly happy to see us get Hoban in permanently if at all possible as a replacement. Best defender on the park for us last night as he was at Easter Road too.

Shinnie was immense again in the middle. We'll miss that if/when he goes. Thought GMS & Stewart did well out wide and got in some dangerous positions. Wilson linked up well when he came on. Cosgrove was good, put himself about and scored another two - cant ask much more.

We've got some good creative forward players in that squad, just got to find the right formation to use them.

So poor defending and the unsurprising "honest mistakes" cost us last night. As others have said losing 8 goals at home to the cheeks is just not acceptable and we need to get that sorted out.
    Good summary. Harvey Price 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    When I saw the team last night I knew we were in trouble. After a good victory at Easter Road on Saturday McInnes goes and mucks about with the team yet again in a big match. How often has it happened at Pittodrie and in Cup Semi finals and Finals in Glasgow and he never learns. Last night it was Considine to left back, Lowe left midfield and possibly Logan man marking Candeis (?) although with Logan you are never sure what he is doing. And in the second half he puts Stewart on the right wing! The result of course was a disjointed performance and the team never really got going and got what they deserved. McInnes over thinks thing far too much in the big matches rather than leave well alone with a team playing well. I am afraid that is his style and he is never going to change.
    Really?????
    Stewart on the right was very efferective.
    to the point that Slippy G put on another defender (LB as well) to cover him

We dominated the whole of the second half and only scored when we were throwing everything to get an equaliser

Lowe wasn't the issue last night, neither was Considine.
    Considine was maybe a little in no-mans land for the second when he handed over Candeias to Hoban and went to close down Kent as he waltzed through our midfield (understandable given he waltzed across our defence for the first)
    Logan was poor and didn't do enough. He was marking Kent predominantly, not Candeias.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    But back to McKenna wtf was his arm doing up there for their penalty anyway, him and McInnes cannot honestly expect us to believe he was claiming for offsides ffs, jeeeeezuz
    He was naive, but yes he was claiming for offside. He should have just went and won the ball.
    He was correct as well as shown by Scotsport.
    Would VAR have corrected the decision, well yes if you believe Thompson and Stewart, but I have my doubts

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast