+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

AH would be chased out the Country if he sold to smurf

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Getting Smurfwaite as owner would be quite the coup - the only owner less popular in L2 than Mr Hardy himself! Then again, I guess Ray Trew jumped from Lincoln to Notts, Pavis from F***** to Notts and Dunnett from Brentford to Notts, so there's no loyalty in football at boardroom level. The things people do to massage their egos, eh?

Let's hope we get some more concrete details about the "South African" consortium bid tomorrow or Friday, and a much-needed fillip before Saturday.
    It was mentioned that we may hear some sort of an announcement this week. All of us could do with a boost regardless of which division we finish up in and having a new owner is possibly even more important than relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It was mentioned that we may hear some sort of an announcement this week. All of us could do with a boost regardless of which division we finish up in and having a new owner is possibly even more important than relegation.
    Going down with a new owner has to be preferable to staying up but then going into admin and starting next season in L2 on -10 with the same bunch of players, we'd probably get relegated to non-league next season under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Going down with a new owner has to be preferable to staying up but then going into admin and starting next season in L2 on -10 with the same bunch of players, we'd probably get relegated to non-league next season under those circumstances.
    I agree with that. Relegation doesn't have to be a disaster. Look at Sunderland. Crowds are up there despite the club being at one of their lowest ebbs (sound familiar?) in part because new owners came in and returned a bit of the feel good factor to the place. It could be similar at Notts, although of course that all depends on who the new owners are. I want to renew the season ticket regardless of what division we're in next season but right now I'm holding off. If it's this Port Vale guy I don't think I will.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    I agree with that. Relegation doesn't have to be a disaster. Look at Sunderland. Crowds are up there despite the club being at one of their lowest ebbs (sound familiar?) in part because new owners came in and returned a bit of the feel good factor to the place. It could be similar at Notts, although of course that all depends on who the new owners are. I want to renew the season ticket regardless of what division we're in next season but right now I'm holding off. If it's this Port Vale guy I don't think I will.
    Fair comment

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Going into admin would free new owners of the debt millstone that has hampered RT in particular as well as AH and free monies, if they have any, to start to rebuild a football club.

That is of course if there are new owners and if those owners are sensible.

Any hard nosed businessmen would disregard the sentimentalism of "Old league club" even if us supporters don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Going into admin would free new owners of the debt millstone that has hampered RT in particular as well as AH and free monies, if they have any, to start to rebuild a football club.

That is of course if there are new owners and if those owners are sensible.

Any hard nosed businessmen would disregard the sentimentalism of "Old league club" even if us supporters don't.
    Or if they have the cash being suggested, they could just clear the debt without administration.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    I agree to a point. However, Eliis Short cleared ALL the debt before the sale (Approx £140 million I think). Plus they still have parachute payments from dropping out of the Prem. They were also in a position where some players didn't return to the club, as they no longer wanted to play for them, and as such the new owners didn't have to pay their wages.

They also have Prem class academy, which they've drawn upon to build the current squad.

Relegation is never a good thing, it takes you a step closer to further relegation. When did we last bounce back from one?

As for season tickets, it would be very unwise to buy one sold by a business that may not continue to exist in its current form. It's a bit like buying Debenhams gift vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Relegation is never a good thing, it takes you a step closer to further relegation. When did we last bounce back from one?

As for season tickets, it would be very unwise to buy one sold by a business that may not continue to exist in its current form. It's a bit like buying Debenhams gift vouchers.
    .....is the right answer. It would be. It is sensible to wait and see what, if any, business exists first.

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast