+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Agree CGP, I just want an owner with know-how and a bit of nouse not promises and unsustainable over investment.
    A well run club, imagine that!
    Did I hear that right? ..a bit of a mouse...?

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Has he put £10m of his own money into the club OR has he put a large chunk of this onto the club debts ?

I don't know the answer to this question myself but there is no doubt like Trew before him he has gambled and lost.....BUT they are not alone in this.
    Club debt, you would imagine. Servicing/sorting that debt has been dragging us down ever since the Trust days. Munto it seems was not such a good thing.

Our last three owners have been a distaster for Notts one way or another with both Trew and Hardy both stating that the club was in a much worst financial state than they thought when they bought it,it's the tenth anniversary next season of Munto and apart from the first six months of that season it's been a nightmare since,let's hope that our luck will change with the next owners

Two pages of speculation. Pity nothing concrete had emerged, as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Two pages of speculation. Pity nothing concrete had emerged, as yet.
    Yes such a shame one of the parties to the confidential negotiations didn't come on MAD and tell us what was happening ! Surely someone informing us about the charges being removed is concrete. It must mean something.

Just speculating, Hardy's £10m if you look at what a lot of that has been spent on.

The first thing he had to do was pay off HMRC (what a surprise), then he refurbished the restaurants, the first team dressing room and made the area under the Haydn Green stand Child friendly and a bloated first team squad with some very high wages and the last thing I can think of is looking for 20 acres for the training ground which was very close

Due diligence has been done quick if an announcement is expected before Friday.Less than 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Due diligence has been done quick if an announcement is expected before Friday.Less than 2 weeks?
    I am not sure the Friday thing has any validity. Think it came from a fan who put two and two together and came up with twenty two.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I am not sure the Friday thing has any validity. Think it came from a fan who put two and two together and came up with twenty two.
    Arnapie would be a trusted poster on here

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    If they are well funded (I again go back to the group hardy mentioned as having £900m) perhaps they see due diligence as a double check of legalities, if they have the funding, perhaps they aren't worried about hidden debt as that can be quickly and easily paid with no sweat. The question in that case is, who has that kind of money that would want to buy a failing league 2 football club?

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast