+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    You’ve got to be kidding?
    You’ve literally not had a good word to say about AH since he bought the club.
    I've mainly been critical of his stupid twittering, ridiculous "I know about football" comments including commenting on issues which are rightly in the manager's realm. I've been proved right about the stupid twittering. He sacked his future England manager and thankfully has stopped public comments on players.

I've also pointed out that he was not a Notts County fan prior to taking over though he never said more than he was a supporter of local football.

But I'll ask you - how much more did he achieve than RT? Where did his millions take us for all his enthusiasm? Success has arrived, coincidentally perhaps, with him pulling back from the front page and as I said earlier, choosing a manager who has a record of some success at this level. So if lessons have been learned I'd be happy to see him stay. It's just that for so long he constantly and obstinately refused to learn the lessons and bit at people who made the slightest criticism regardless of how sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I've mainly been critical of his stupid twittering, ridiculous "I know about football" comments including commenting on issues which are rightly in the manager's realm. I've been proved right about the stupid twittering. He sacked his future England manager and thankfully has stopped public comments on players.

I've also pointed out that he was not a Notts County fan prior to taking over though he never said more than he was a supporter of local football.

But I'll ask you - how much more did he achieve than RT? Where did his millions take us for all his enthusiasm? Success has arrived, coincidentally perhaps, with him pulling back from the front page and as I said earlier, choosing a manager who has a record of some success at this level. So if lessons have been learned I'd be happy to see him stay. It's just that for so long he constantly and obstinately refused to learn the lessons and bit at people who made the slightest criticism regardless of how sensible.
    So 2 wins means success has arrived because that suits the point you're trying to make!
    Yet making the play-offs with a squad of players the bookies tipped for relegation was by no means success? And avoiding relegation when he took over, reducing the gate price, massively increasing the gates, improving the hospitality, financially backing the managers.
    AH has without doubt made mistakes, but he's also done a lot right, but I've never once seen you post a balanced view of him!
    I just find it laughable that you've berated him since the moment he took over and now you're saying it's a shame he wont reap the benefits and we have to be wary of the new owners!

One thing that has surprised me is how attendances have improved and remained reasonably good under AHs tenure. So the averages are skewed somewhat by the cheap offers. But when was the last time we had 3 home matches in succession with five figure crowds and this despite being bottom of the league!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    So 2 wins means success has arrived because that suits the point you're trying to make!
    Yet making the play-offs with a squad of players the bookies tipped for relegation was by no means success? And avoiding relegation when he took over, reducing the gate price, massively increasing the gates, improving the hospitality, financially backing the managers.
    AH has without doubt made mistakes, but he's also done a lot right, but I've never once seen you post a balanced view of him!
    I just find it laughable that you've berated him since the moment he took over and now you're saying it's a shame he wont reap the benefits and we have to be wary of the new owners!
    This was this January:

Pray tell me how RT would know AH would show poor judgement? AH then, and even now, as (sic) always tried his best for the club. Not RT's fault that AH's best wasn't up to it.
    Perhaps you have anti-rose tinted glasses when reading my posts and rose tinted glasses whenever AH does anything. Put it another way, in two years after spending squillions he has taken us from near the bottom right to the very bottom of the league.

But yes, despite tonight's glitch it feels as if he has a proper manager with some proper players in place rather than the overly pally KN who struck lucky for half a season and Kewell who was never really going to fit in despite the recruitment matrix boxes he filled.

So I'm hopeful that AH has now got it about right and with cutting out the social media crap he could have the makings of a decent football club owner.

Scoop reckons one group is South African

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Scoop reckons one group is South African
    Here's the webchat snippet to save people searching:

12:25pm
    Brian, Sneinton: Any takeover update Leigh?

Hi Brian, I’ve heard there is a party in due diligence, but yet to have it officially confirmed. In the end there were four parties who had showed an interest in Notts, two came in after the last update. We are just awaiting the sale to go through now and the identity of the prospective buyers. I had heard one group was South African.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Here's the webchat snippet to save people searching:

12:25pm
    Brian, Sneinton: Any takeover update Leigh?

Hi Brian, I’ve heard there is a party in due diligence, but yet to have it officially confirmed. In the end there were four parties who had showed an interest in Notts, two came in after the last update. We are just awaiting the sale to go through now and the identity of the prospective buyers. I had heard one group was South African.
    Pure speculation

Scoop doesn't know anything.

Prices are frozen for season tickets. I would imagine a takeover is close if that's the case, either that or Hardy truly is a moron and is trying to annoy them?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Pure speculation

Scoop doesn't know anything.

I’ve heard scoop Curtis gets all his exclusives off Twitter, I’ve also heard from inside the club that this is fact !

Looks like all charges listed on companies house website have been settled

Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast