+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That can't be right surely? I thought it doubled every season and he was on £15,000 to begin with or something outrageous in league 2
    He wasn't on 15k either

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It was meant to be "well into six figures" towards the end of his 5 years that "only the top few clubs in England could afford" I seem to remember Trew stating. He's on about £130k a week now with Leicester and he certainly won't have earned anywhere near that at Leeds or for a good few years at Leicester, certainly not until they won the Premier League
    Wrong again

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Might just be me then, but if I were to be owed £1,000,000 (just an example) over the lifetime of a contract I'd signed, but left with a handshake and only £100,000 in my pocket, I'd class that as walking away, leaving £900,000 in the club.

How much was KS contract worth? What did he leave with? Would it have been more cripplingly significant for him to stay, or leave?
    Are you Alan Hardy's business advisor by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Totally wrong. He was on a 4 year contract rising to 40k a week in the 4th year. He was on no where near 25k in the first. Yes a big bonus for promotion.
    A 5 year deal was widely reported in the press, you love to point out how other people are wrong when they quote people that are supposedly in the know, sometimes even if they're quoting one of the owners, so where is your cast iron info from? £200k was the reported promotion bonus at the time but I'm sure your sources will confirm or deny that with nothing to back it up

A 5 year deal was widely reported in the press, you love to point out how other people are wrong when they quote people that are supposedly in the know, sometimes even if they're quoting one of the owners, so where is your cast iron info from? £200k was the reported promotion bonus at the time but I'm sure your sources will confirm or deny that with nothing to back it up
    Just take it for granted Delroy, I've forgotten more than you know about the club. 200k correct, 25k a week a long way off the mark in year one.

Are yes, owners that couldn't lie straight in bed you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by placidpie View Post
    No. His agent eventually agreed to terminate and there was no onward transfer fee, but he was paid off. Just not the full contract amount. It was still cripplingly significant. No player walked away at all.
    It was a 5 contract cancelled after a year....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l-consent.html

The Telegraph seemed to have a pretty good grasp on things going on at the time. Even bothered to talk with one pf Kaspers handlers. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l-consent.html

"too much bitterness on this forum - some people need to get a life"

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    "too much bitterness on this forum - some people need to get a life"
    Great quote that one. Marcus Aurelius?

Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast