+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Always interesting to speculate, but I think there’s a lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Yes such a shame one of the parties to the confidential negotiations didn't come on MAD and tell us what was happening ! Surely someone informing us about the charges being removed is concrete. It must mean something.
    Are you kidding??? Get involved with the sh!t-stirring trolls on MAD? Trew and Hardy learned the hard way to steer clear of social meeja. No-one considering buying Notts and is in their right mind would stick their head above the NottsMad or Facebook parapets and expect civility.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Always interesting to speculate, but I think there’s a lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread.

Too true.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  14.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Are you kidding??? Get involved with the sh!t-stirring trolls on MAD? Trew and Hardy learned the hard way to steer clear of social meeja. No-one considering buying Notts and is in their right mind would stick their head above the NottsMad or Facebook parapets and expect civility.
    I rather think frenchmagpie was, shall we say, taking the urine...

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Errr, i think he was being sarky, Lax.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I rather think frenchmagpie was, shall we say, taking the urine...
    I am150% sure he was. 🤣🤣🤣

900 million 😂

Our best hope is to get someone in like the guy(s) at Burton Albion, enough of this championship in 5 years etc kind of talk.

Sustainability is key, and some of us need to take a big reality check on our hopes and expectations during this impending transitional period.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Hasn't Hardy stated that he's put £10m into Notts and look where it got him and Notts,he put his money.where his mouth.was and it failed miserably for all concerned,then there was Munto with their millions that was going to make us a Premiership club in five years and nearly put us out of existence
    True. Money is clearly no guarantee of success. Also, having rich owners can come back to haunt you. I mean say our owners pump loads into the club and we rise up the leagues, some day they'll lose interest or run out of steam and we'll be left with a totally unsustainable business model that could put the club under. This goes for other lower-league big-spenders as well (like Mansfield).

The alternative to that is living within our means, which almost certainly means decline.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    To be fair, any party wanting to buy the club would have to have serious funds. It couldn't possibly be another Hardy or Trew. It has to be a party with enough money not to be put off by our situation on and off the pitch. Whether or not a takeover goes through or not is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Errr, i think he was being sarky, Lax.
    OK, upon reflection and reading it again I think he was, that went WHOOSH!! well over my cynical crossbar.

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast