+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Regulars on this board always seem to know more than Scoop. Have you read his web chat? Or how to dodge pertinent questions.

In my experience charges are not automatically withdrawn once the debt is settled. The satisfied creditor has to take action to register the debt as satisfied. These debts may have been settled years ago and the administrator is now ensuring that the proper legal formalities have been completed to signify that, ie IMHO no real movement on the takeover front.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Feck in hell thought a 2013 debt was bad enough but 2004?
    Pff - the UK Government has debts dating back to the South Sea Bubble of 1720.

I don't think anyone would be able to hide us going into admin. Being cut adrift at the foot of the table by 13 points would be a big giveaway. Still, we'd have 8 games and 24 points to play for, so we'd still have a chance....

Such is the current level of cynicism at Notts that only those in rose-tinted glasses believe all this will have a happy ending. Why would anyone buy a club that, chances are, is Conference bound, when they will be able to pick it up in the summer for considerably less?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Such is the current level of cynicism at Notts that only those in rose-tinted glasses believe all this will have a happy ending. Why would anyone buy a club that, chances are, is Conference bound, when they will be able to pick it up in the summer for considerably less?
    Well sidders that is a question I was asking on Saturday, there were those who sit close by me in the Pavis who have the ability of a Blood Hound to sniff out the latest gossip from the so called Corridors of Power in the Pavis, " The Top Floor Gents ", who were able to offer the same information that broke yesterday evening.
    So believe what you will I think is the name of the game, however the general consensus
    of opinion seemed to be an announcement before Friday appeared to be on the cards.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 19-03-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I tend to be of the same mind as you, Sidders. However, if it wasn't for the millions potentially reclaimable from the paragon admins, it would look like a tidying up prior to giving the club away, for a nominal quid, due to there being no way of meeting monthly costs now? Time will tell.

I personally think there is a clue. The debt to HG needed to be paid on sale to Hardy as per the T&C's, that's the debt that almost scuppered Hardy taking over, it looks like it was further extended to the next owner for Hardy to take over. That has just been satisfied, if Hardy didn't have the cash to clear it then, he certainly doesn't now so that in itself signals to me the takeover is about to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I personally think there is a clue. The debt to HG needed to be paid on sale to Hardy as per the T&C's, that's the debt that almost scuppered Hardy taking over, it looks like it was further extended to the next owner for Hardy to take over. That has just been satisfied, if Hardy didn't have the cash to clear it then, he certainly doesn't now so that in itself signals to me the takeover is about to happen
    If that's the case, are we to assume that the next potential owner has considerably more financial clout than AH did?

Also, I don't really believe in this "why would they buy Notts" line. When I see new owners pumping hundreds of millions into buying a bang average Premiership club, along with multi million pound transfers, to win nothing? Why wouldn't they aquire a L2 club for a fraction of the cost, spend a fraction of the money to push them through the leagues, then sell up when they get to the top flight for more money?

Quote Originally Posted by neil003 View Post
    4 charges were satisfied today.
    2 from December 2013 (Expatriate Advisory Services PLC) Which i think is to do with Hayden Green.
    1 Debenture from 2010
    1 Charge of deposit from 2004 Natwest Bank
    I haven't a clue what that means in itself but it could show there's progress in the sale.

Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast