+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England, Rugby World Cup Winners 2019

England, Rugby World Cup Winners 2019

After watching England take Ireland, the world's No 2 ranked team, apart in Dublin with an awesome display of power and skill, I thought they might be worth a little bet for the World Cup. I don't think the bookies get an awful lot wrong, but my eyes light up when they do, and they've surely not come to terms with today's result in the WC betting yet.

Ireland are generally 4/1, I'm on England @ 13/2, and when I saw that price my small bet became a much larger one. Fill your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    After watching England take Ireland, the world's No 2 ranked team, apart in Dublin with an awesome display of power and skill, I thought they might be worth a little bet for the World Cup. I don't think the bookies get an awful lot wrong, but my eyes light up when they do, and they've surely not come to terms with today's result in the WC betting yet.

Ireland are generally 4/1, I'm on England @ 13/2, and when I saw that price my small bet became a much larger one. Fill your boots.
    Because I was on the Turf I recorded this and watched it last night, England were awesome. A good outside bet for the World Cup on this showing and none of that Rugby League six passes and you are out bollox!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Because I was on the Turf I recorded this and watched it last night, England were awesome. A good outside bet for the World Cup on this showing and none of that Rugby League six passes and you are out bollox!
    I don't waste my time watching games of no significance in a league which has just 6 teams and they spend half the time rolling around the floor in big heaps or trying to set a scrum four or five times while the clock is ticking away.
    One team out of the 6 has only won 6 games from 50 played in the competition in the last ten years and yet is is hyped up by the media out of all proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was going to say don't encourage them BT, but too late, the Barbarians are hammering on the gates already, so to speak, can't be long before t'other one from the M62 corridor joins in.

I honestly don't see England as an outside bet BT, they were easily a match for NZ in the Autumn series, they've just annihilated the Irish in Dublin, if they can stay relatively injury free then they have a real chance of winning it, and even if injuries kick in again they have a huge depth in the squad, they could cope better than most. I think injuries have been the biggest problem even going back to Lancaster's time, they've always had to play without 4/5/6 key players, now they have only the one or two out and Eddie can turn out more or less his best XV, and that has made a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I was going to say don't encourage them BT, but too late, the Barbarians are hammering on the gates already, so to speak, can't be long before t'other one from the M62 corridor joins in.

I honestly don't see England as an outside bet BT, they were easily a match for NZ in the Autumn series, they've just annihilated the Irish in Dublin, if they can stay relatively injury free then they have a real chance of winning it, and even if injuries kick in again they have a huge depth in the squad, they could cope better than most. I think injuries have been the biggest problem even going back to Lancaster's time, they've always had to play without 4/5/6 key players, now they have only the one or two out and Eddie can turn out more or less his best XV, and that has made a huge difference.
    Oh yes!

Here we go again. The media hype has definitely influenced some of you on here to the extent that all of a sudden England rugby is superior to everyone else. In last season’s six nations the same England team were beaten by France Ireland and Scotland , beat a poor Italian bunch of waiters and scraped home against Wales.
    I watched their win in Dublin and they played the best i’ve Seen for some time and fully deserved the win , probably by a bigger margin than the eventual score line suggests. I now believe they will win the six nations going unbeaten in the process. However , the media always get carried away , sometimes far too much and leave hemselves open to all sorts of criticism. Remember, that same Irish team went to hq last season and showed up England in a similar fashion.iI didn’t read anyone boasting about it then.
    As for the World Cup there is a lot of rugby to be played in the meantime. And i’d say that there are 5 teams capable of lifting the Webb Ellis Cup in the Autumn.. England are obviously one of them along with European favourites Ireland plus Wales, The emerging Springboks and outright favourites New Zealanf. With the Super Rugby season about to start down under, a lot of players will have points to prove, and will be making strong claims to be playing in Japan.
    Before you go overboard after one very impressive performance look at the bigger picture and re evaluate the situation. Think a bit more in depth and those of you who know about World Rugby will know what I mean.

"I was going to say don't encourage them BT, but too late, the Barbarians are hammering on the gates already, so to speak, can't be long before t'other one from the M62 corridor joins in".

Quite possibly your best ever response sinkov!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Oh yes!
    Nice cast Ashy,you hooked them both at the same time..

Did you hear the one about the Welshman, the Tyke and the exiled Accy lad sinkov..?

My ears are burning, did somebody call ?.

Aww I see, another lecture from Beds & co about a soft game of kick n rush. Move along everybody, theres nothing to see here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)