+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England, Rugby World Cup Winners 2019

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I'm going to leave this boring thread alone for now,don't want them coming onto the rugby league thread and spoiling it like they did last season.. Each to their own..
    I shall do the same alf. They should put this on a thread at the top as they did with ours. We can then watch their shenanigans from 20 September 2019 until whatever date in October that England are knocked out or go on to win the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Err no Im NOT a gentleman for a start, how dare you accuse me of being one.
    But yes of course I watch that 13 man stuff, R.L is the dogs bollo*x and it pees all over Yawnion.
    (sorry, Im feeling sleepy again becauce Ive mentioned Yawnion).

Of course you're a gentleman Acido, you're a Yaarkshireman aren't you, salt of the earth, I won't have a word said against them, it's my 2nd home, I've even been to Leeds for my holidays, some of my best friends...….etc.etc.

So which set of ruffians do you watch ? My lad lives just outside Ponty, so it's only a few minutes to Castleford, Featherstone or Wakefield. I've tried watching League on the telly but I just can't take to it, so this summer I might try a live game at one of those three. You, Alf and Sub are good lads really, nobody's fools, so this game must have something to it that I'm missing, although I'm fecked if I can work out what it is. Maybe watching a game live in deepest Yaarkshire will unlock a treasure trove of sporting delights for me ? Or maybe not, whatever, I suppose you have to be careful where you tread, all them whippets, all that dog****.

I'm going to leave this boring thread alone for now,don't want them coming onto the rugby league thread and spoiling it like they did last season.. Each to their own..
    Do you remember on that other site Alfie, there was a RL thread, set up by CW a fanatical RL fan. He butted into a Union thread and I told him to feck off back to his RL thread. It was all good natured fun as far as I was concerned, but our friend took the hump big style and made a right song and dance about it. As he was wont to do on occasions. Nevertheless I, like Acido am a gentleman, and if you want to be left alone in splendid isolation in RL La La Land, so be it, I shall not intrude upon your slumbers.

My 'ruffians' as you might call them kid are Hull RLFC.
    And I see you have mentioned just about every single place apart from my own... Im from Normanton in West Yorkshire, which is smack bang in the middle of both Castleford & Wakefield.

If your being serious here Sinko, then let me say again that Ive tried to like the game of Union, especially when England are involved of course. But it just doesnt appeal to me, it bores me Im sorry to say!.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Do you remember on that other site Alfie, there was a RL thread, set up by CW a fanatical RL fan. He butted into a Union thread and I told him to feck off back to his RL thread. It was all good natured fun as far as I was concerned, but our friend took the hump big style and made a right song and dance about it. As he was wont to do on occasions. Nevertheless I, like Acido am a gentleman, and if you want to be left alone in splendid isolation in RL La La Land, so be it, I shall not intrude upon your slumbers.
    Haha,I can remember that Sinky,CW was easy to wind up wasn't he,especially when the Warriors beat his beloved Saints ..I used to wind him up on the racing thread as well.. I wonder what happened to him,he just disappeared ..We had some fun on that racing thread with you picking the short prices and I was picking outsiders .. I can remember CW was 22 points ahead with a day to go and I picked a 25/1 winner to pip him..lol

And I see you have mentioned just about every single place apart from my own... Im from Normanton in West Yorkshire, which is smack bang in the middle of both Castleford & Wakefield.

If your being serious here Sinko, then let me say again that Ive tried to like the game of Union, especially when England are involved of course. But it just doesnt appeal to me, it bores me Im sorry to say!.
    Horses for courses Acido..I prefer League to Union .. Many people don't.. Each to their own..

Many years ago Acido, probably around 1980, I went to Hull to watch a Speedway International, GB v Australia/NZ, and the reason I went was to see Ivan Mauger, he was way past his best by then but still a big name and it must have been one of the last big meetings he ever rode. I have this idea that the speedway track was in one of the RL grounds but I don't know which one, would that be right ?
    Never actually been to Normanton but I drive past the WY Police HQ visiting my lad and I think that's as close as I've got.

Haha,I can remember that Sinky,CW was easy to wind up wasn't he,especially when the Warriors beat his beloved Saints ..I used to wind him up on the racing thread as well.. I wonder what happened to him,he just disappeared ..We had some fun on that racing thread with you picking the short prices and I was picking outsiders .. I can remember CW was 22 points ahead with a day to go and I picked a 25/1 winner to pip him..lol
    I can remember him telling you off on the racing thread Alf, over something so trivial it just wasn't worth bothering about, but he laid down the law in no uncertain terms, he was Chief Steward after all. I just thought 'what a plonker'.

I'd forgotten about the odds-ons, but you're right, I would only rarely bet EW back then. Totally different now, most of my bets are EW at big prices, the place terms are so advantageous now, 4/5/6/7 places on big handicaps, and Ladbrokes are occasionally paying first 3 on 7 runner races. Bollox to odds-on, EW for me these days.

My ears are burning, did somebody call ?.

Aww I see, another lecture from Beds & co about a soft game of kick n rush. Move along everybody, theres nothing to see here.
    In the world of six passes and you are turned over, all teams play each other once, home and away.

The fans must then endure six additional fixtures and the Dacia Magic Weekend, ending with the top five teams in a play-off series which culminates in a Grand Final to crown the Super League champions at Old Trafford.

After all that, the top 5 teams after round 29 will go in to a play-off structure with the winner of the Super League Grand Final being crowned Champions.

It is already nailed on either Wigan, St Helens, Warrington or Leeds will win the bloody thing. Seriously, why bother?

Not a one off in Dublin, France blown away as well. Bring on the sheep-shaggers, they'll get steam-rollered just the same. Japan here we come, no 13/2 left now, the bookies are starting to wake up and smell the coffee, most going 4/1 now, and that still seems tasty to me.

Only one nagging doubt, we have four big players, if they stay injury free we win the World Cup. Maro Itoje limped off last week, Mako Vunipola limped off this week. We can probably cope with one of them out, possibly two of them out, but the more of those four we put on the field, the harder we will be to beat, even for NZ.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)