+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed end

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    At present though with minimal away supports I don’t know why we would ever give them the shed.
    I'm going to take a guess that the JK for overspill home fans and Shed for away fans are the two cheapest to operate of the three available stands. Just a guess though.

End of day if United are entertaining, successful and value for money to go see then the crowds will increase.

I think we need at least 8 to 9 thousand home fans to justify opening the shed for home supporters otherwise the other stands will look ridiculously empty which they do already
    A 5k support isn’t enough.
    Promotion will see the fans come back hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftangerine View Post
    Does anyone else not get slightly depressed when seeing our beloved Shed play home to the 4 car loads of away supporters each game?

I’m sure the team could benefit from playing towards their own fans in both halves.

I was looking at the crowd today and convinced myself that we could close a block or two of seats in the GF and maybe top tier ET, in the process filling a couple of blocks in the Shed.

Stick any away fans who show up in the JK or FP instead.

Would love to hear the songs belting out from there once again!
    absolutely not, we do not fill the East stand or the Gf so why would we open the shed? we've been complaining for months about the JK being open to a handful of fans, absolute nae need for it to be open.

Away fns in the shed shows them up on any highlights at just how poor they are rather than housing them in the fair play stand

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    The Dees are in the shed , and of course the sheep sing , the Red are in the shed , must be most annoying ha ha
    couldnt care less to be honest

Completely disagree with the first couple posts

The east stand aka the et is the spiritual home of united fans now and has been for nearly 25 years, all memories in that time during Tommy's reign, the Levein Houston and early McNamara years are all of great games with many mosh pits in the et, its a much better stand for an all seater and looks class on TV when full and on song, it is bloody brilliant for big games with everyone up for it and standing etc

What we need to do is start filling that and the gf again, only then should we open the Jerry kerr again to home fans

It was great a few years ago for big games that we liked the likes of the sheep and fun to just the shed and fair play as we had overspill in the Jerry Kerr, that's what we should be looking to get back to ultimately

I do think for European games the shed should be a home end though as we can fill all three as we see against trabzonspor, mypa, slask, aek and dinamo and their away support is fine being in the fair play upper

if we start getting 8k plus yeah and make it free for u12s or something. If we are in play offs limit away team to fair play

If you want to create a real atmosphere in Tannadice they should put a fence down the middle of the Shed and let home and away fans in, especially for the smaller visiting clubs. Fans from all fitba clubs love a good sing song, and nothing better than have the oppo close to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    if we start getting 8k plus yeah and make it free for u12s or something. If we are in play offs limit away team to fair play
    Opening the Shed with reduced PATG prices might just be enough to boost the support for the remaining home games. I think if its done right and the team react, Mr Ogren might just get his January investment back! Just dont set up a feckin ticket booth for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Opening the Shed with reduced PATG prices might just be enough to boost the support for the remaining home games. I think if its done right and the team react, Mr Ogren might just get his January investment back! Just dont set up a feckin ticket booth for it!
    sorry but what abouts the likes of us who have paid full price season tickets? how should we pay full price yet prices are reduced to others at PATG??? Nah sorry, dont agree chick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)