+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: There is at least hope now

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Agreed.

3 to 4 games to go? That equals (if we are aiming for 50 points) 28 points from 12 - 13 games!

P12 W8 D4 L0 will get us there then.

I'm more optimistic than I was previously, but not that much!

Agreed, plenty more 'Lincoln' type performances and we will stand a chance, any less..............................................

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wish I could share your optimism, but it seems an awful lot of it is being based on one game. If we play like that for the rest of the season we have a chance of staying up, but every good performance seems to have been followed by several poor ones. The only hope is that the new players have changed the mindset of the team, but it's a big ask.
    Despite it being a good performance, it was also a game we should have lost given that they missed a penalty near the end. And it was yet another game in which we failed to score from open play (although I’ll happily take penaltiesif it wins us games).

I still think we’re odds-on to go down given the run of games we’ve got coming up. In the games against FGR, Mansfield, Newport and Tranmere, we need to be be targeting 8 points from those games - and certainly nothing less than 6. Anything less makes that mountain even higher - and we still need the likes of Macclesfield and Morecambe to not be winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    and we still need the likes of Macclesfield and Morecambe to not be winning games.
    Quite right with that, we won't gain anything if we win and our relegation rivals do the same. Yeovil are currently in action at Cheltenham and it's 0-0 at half time, but Yeovil had a player sent off in the 21st minute so hopefully Cheltenham will take advantage in the second half. The more teams in the mix, the better our chances.

I hope our lads are watching Newport tonight.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234