+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There is at least hope now

There is at least hope now

Before the lincoln game,notts were at best going down without a whimper.
    Now after yesterday’s game there is strong evidence that we have some bollox in the team once again.
    There was pride,passion,guts,determination and some guile.
    If we can produce anywhere near that performance for the remainder of the season,then there is some chance we can avoid the drop for sure..
    But one game doesn’t make that happen you say..
    Correct,but it sure gives us hope fellow notts fans.
    Keep the faith
    Keep the magpies flying high
    X

There's a chance, but it's not getting anything from games with clubs that are in the relegation zone with us that has left us adrift. But at least it looks like we'll give it a good go.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Before the lincoln game,notts were at best going down without a whimper.
    Now after yesterday’s game there is strong evidence that we have some bollox in the team once again.
    There was pride,passion,guts,determination and some guile.
    If we can produce anywhere near that performance for the remainder of the season,then there is some chance we can avoid the drop for sure..
    But one game doesn’t make that happen you say..
    Correct,but it sure gives us hope fellow notts fans.
    Keep the faith
    Keep the magpies flying high
    X
    Let's hope you are right, but we thought this after the Bury game. Different players now so more hopefull

How would Duffy, Tootle & Jones fared yesterday?
    Rose did well against Andrade generally, he was their most menacing player. Tootle is terrified of his own shadow and never gets close to anybody these days to stop them playing.
    .Stubbs stood up to to Akinde well, not falling embarrassingly to the floor like the fat pointy finger Welshman and won many of the aerial challenges.
    Milsom, not a left back showed Jones how it should be done.
    We have a slim chance of staying up, increased massively if we don't see Tootle Duffy and Jones again. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    How would Duffy, Tootle & Jones fared yesterday?
    Rose did well against Andrade generally, he was their most menacing player. Tootle is terrified of his own shadow and never gets close to anybody these days to stop them playing.
    .Stubbs stood up to to Akinde well, not falling embarrassingly to the floor like the fat pointy finger Welshman and won many of the aerial challenges.
    Milsom, not a left back showed Jones how it should be done.
    We have a slim chance of staying up, increased massively if we don't see Tootle Duffy and Jones again. COYP
    None of them played. Why attack them again?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I don’t think it was an attack Swale but a fair statement on the comparison between them and those that played yesterday. He’s dead right as well, Jones is quite dreadful and would have been ripped a new one yesterday, Duffy would not have coped very well with Akinde and Toots hasn’t had many games much better than the game Rose played, and I really like Toots.

Yesterday showed us what we have been missing, players who can maintain a bit of shape, play to the managers instructions and show a level of grit and determination sadly lacking by others for most of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I don’t think it was an attack Swale but a fair statement on the comparison between them and those that played yesterday. He’s dead right as well, Jones is quite dreadful and would have been ripped a new one yesterday, Duffy would not have coped very well with Akinde and Toots hasn’t had many games much better than the game Rose played, and I really like Toots.

Yesterday showed us what we have been missing, players who can maintain a bit of shape, play to the managers instructions and show a level of grit and determination sadly lacking by others for most of this season.
    As it happens I agree with his opinion but not the delivery It seems to have become more fashionable in some quarters to personally savage our own players that's all.

As it happens I agree with his opinion but not the delivery It seems to have become more fashionable in some quarters to personally savage our own players that's all.
    No I understand that, but to be honest, after watching the likes of Doyle, O’Brien, Rose, Stubbs yesterday you can’t help but feel some resentment towards those charlatans we’ve had to watch put our club in the jeapordising position it finds itself now so it’s understandable for individual frustrations to manifest themselves in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    No I understand that, but to be honest, after watching the likes of Doyle, O’Brien, Rose, Stubbs yesterday you can’t help but feel some resentment towards those charlatans we’ve had to watch put our club in the jeapordising position it finds itself now so it’s understandable for individual frustrations to manifest themselves in this manner.
    True

That's what you do!
    Only surprise is that no-one's mentioned Hollis

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast