+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article in Daily Mail on AH and Notts

I'll second that.

Another mistake is that quite a few times in the past mr Hardy has declared that he is a teetotal but then in his story a friend allegedly asked if he was up for a few beers or something similar ? Which led to him taking the picture of his peni$

The only explanation that makes sense is that owning Notts has driven him to drink !

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Agreed Old Pie, he's just searching for sympathy and sometimes your best ain't good enough. Anyway I'm going for a drink in town tonight so I'm just going to photograph my prick and send it to my mates to let them know. Big Mac strikes again...
    Just take a pic of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    personally I would love him to stay, the crap his has took is ridiculous. I don’t believe for one minute he’s influenced transfers other than asking to bring in some young talent for possible resale which I think is right for any club especially one in the lower leagues. The players Ardley brought in are the players I would have expected Nolan to bring in, grit, know how etc but he got it badly wrong, not Hardy.
    Hardys times up..he needs to go.

As for his influence..he’s in on everything. I had a phone conversation with a manager I know personally..5 minutes after being interviewed..his words “god help you lot he thinks he’s a manager” no point blaming Nolan..kewell or Ardley.

Also around about a year ago I sat with a member of the Notts coaching staff for an hour and half..ours boys were on the same training session. The stories were unbelievable..funny and totally bewildering. That’s when I realised that his behaviour/attitude were having a negative affect on the club top to bottom..coincidently we’ve been on the slide since.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    My work life experience was based on working in a professional field with highly qualified and educated folk. I then took it on myself to start a business in a totally unrelated area, computer systems, with a modicum of success though not to the level of Paragon, which is now funding my retirement. I could write a book on my mistakes but then I never boasted that I'd be a big computer business either.

Returning to AH though - he said somewhere that he was going out selling sheds or similar and someone wanted something bigger and AH didn't have a clue what to charge but threw in a big figure and got the work, so "stroke of luck" perhaps was "stumbled on some luck and took the opportunity". Fortunately, as hasn't been the case with Notts, the gamble worked. If he was guided to success in that because of involvement of his parents then he was doubly lucky. Remember RT came across his fortunes by getting involved in Computer Recruitment when it was taking off. It's a horrible business, a rip off to many small firms who can't get staff because computer programmers are too lazy to read adverts, they just register with agencies. Nearest equivalent must be the modern football agent. Another self-made man who thought he could just step into another arena and make it work. Alan Sugar another, selling computers, sees the opportunity for small (and horrible PCs) and then thinks he can run Tottenham Hotspur.

I think football brings on these characters and within the business are those who see easy pickings on over-inflated egos.

AH is clearly a hard worker, after all he's "the busiest man in the world", and he certainly meant well whatever his motives. But you can't just #ClapClap #faith #trust your way to success and it seemed to me that many of his soundbites were there to self-assure for as we know he does have mental health issues and the last few months won't have done much for that. I'd love to hear some of the good advice he was given that he must have ignored.

As far as meaning well, I'd not like to have to go to hospital and have some well meaning under-qualified medic give me the wrong treatement "but he meant well".

I don't mean the man harm but I have little time for the likes of him and his attitudes and the harsh fact is that we are lower down now in league position than we he took over. I do believe he'll try his best to get decent new owners in, I do doubt his ability to recognise them if they arrive.
    Old Pie I think you are spot on. He aint for me and neither was the last one either. The last decent Chairman we had was Mr Pavis. This one is simply way out of his depth. It's like one of those lotto winners you hear about that spend all the money on fast cars, Cocaine and Hookers in 6 months and end up working in pie factory in Aberdeen. Anyway never mind COYP.

Like someone else said in a previous thread lots of people seem to think it's black and white. What bugs me is the amount of judgement and condemning tone. Who's got the right to be so damming?

If someone doesn't give a S*** and makes no effort sure. But someone who has invested, time, energy and money (my perception, who knows for sure) deserves some respect. For me he's been in a different class to many chairmen we've had - communication with the fans, money, communicating, positivity, passion, innovation, commitment. There things that I really want in a chairman.

Every club has rises and falls. Who knows maybe we're on the rise again now. No club has the right to be anywhere as we're ALL competing.

Excuse the over simplistic analogy but have you ever played monopoly and done everything right but sometimes things don't go your way. Doesn't make you a s*** person does it?

A lot of people slating him for attitude but anyone who is willing to put his hands up and admit mistakes is already way better than average in my opinion.

And am so bored by the twitter thing. it's meaningless - just a chance for people/media to drag a man down - something people like doing in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post

As for his influence..he’s in on everything. I had a phone conversation with a manager I know personally..5 minutes after being interviewed..his words “god help you lot he thinks he’s a manager” no point blaming Nolan..kewell or Ardley.

Also around about a year ago I sat with a member of the Notts coaching staff for an hour and half..ours boys were on the same training session. The stories were unbelievable..funny and totally bewildering. That’s when I realised that his behaviour/attitude were having a negative affect on the club top to bottom..coincidently we’ve been on the slide since.
    When he says he's spending 6 days a week on NCFC matters the question has to be asked "doing what". When he says he's looking forward to learning from Paul Hart the question is "why is he looking forward to learning anything". When he's commented on individual players I've wondered what does the manager think of that. A manager might be trying to ground a player or build his confidence up and then the owner is making statements so that he can show "he knows football". And did his comments interfere with our neighbours - he seems to think it was (another) one of his mistakes.

I don't have any inside knowledge, only what the man says himself but some of the comments you make add up.

He knows a bit about kiddies football and that seems enough for him to think he can run a professional football club. Did Dunnett or Pavis get involved at that level? I very much doubt that any other chairman does. It's really saddening because he clearly wants/wanted to succeed. The thing is he wasn't learning and the damage was just going to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's about the size of it.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    In the bath? On Twitter? I don't think even MiG is that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post

And you try telling people that, they just won't believe you....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast