+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ayoze Perez

Ayoze Perez

had a good game vs Spurs i thought. I hope to see him at that level much more frequently. I've always loved the lad and thought his feet, first touch and ball control would see him become a top player in the Premier League but for whatever reason that hasn't come to fruition. Still only 25 and plenty of time for him to continue developing, he'll be hitting his prime in 4 years time.

Also i have a sneaky feeling he's upped his game because of Almiron arriving. Probably doesn't want to get benched.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    had a good game vs Spurs i thought. I hope to see him at that level much more frequently. I've always loved the lad and thought his feet, first touch and ball control would see him become a top player in the Premier League but for whatever reason that hasn't come to fruition. Still only 25 and plenty of time for him to continue developing, he'll be hitting his prime in 4 years time.

Also i have a sneaky feeling he's upped his game because of Almiron arriving. Probably doesn't want to get benched.
    He's had a few canny games lately and I totally agree with his first touch etc.I think we might be jumping the gun a bit,imagining him being benched..Almiron can play out wide right and I still think Perez is Rafas love child from his Tenerife days...

Just checked Rafa's wiki page and my theory would have Perez aged aboot 18...
    Uncle Rafa perhaps?

Scores some goodgoals in a basic team .would like to see him with better team mates

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Scores some goodgoals in a basic team .would like to see him with better team mates
    Fair point Kev,hopefuly we will find out one day when he still plays for the Toon...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    Fair point Kev,hopefuly we will find out one day when he still plays for the Toon...
    Strange innit...... I thought he was shyte.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Strange innit...... I thought he was shyte.

Fair enough Lionel,but he is one of the most technically gifted forwards at the club at the minute..

No world beater by any stretch,but they all need our support for the rest of the season.

Gets an important goal now and then but not nearly enough for a club like us. A bargain buy so its not his fault by any means. Needless to say he has my support but fingers in ears needs to stop. At 25 he should be the finished article.by now too.

No worries Christiano.As a Toon player he will always have my support but he is too lightweight & in my humble opinion never puts a full shift in.

Perez is far superior to Joselu and Atsu and Murphy and Muto...

Whether he is good enough or not... we have spunked what little money we had on 3 worse players, when we could and should have bought 1 better player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)