+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haw Buc

Haw Buc

I've just watch a programme on Ch 4 called Great British Car Journeys and the first one was filmed going from Inverness to the Isle of Skye,a journey of approx 100 miles and what scenery there is along the way,I wished that I lived nearer so that I could do the same journey going from East to West and along Loch Ness to the Isle of Skye boat ferry,there's no way that I would take the easier bridge,you and Rab are very.lucky to have such fantastic scenery on your doorstep (compared to me anyway)
    Have you ever done it,how far is Inverness from Aberdeen?

I did a similar journey about 10 years ago in the Motorhome Chalky ..From Fort William down to the ferry at Mallaig,and then over to Skye ..stayed four nights on the Island ....Then When you come back over the bridge from Skye take a left and you end up at a lovely place called Plockton on the Gulf Stream with loads of palm trees and seals in the sea ..Some brilliant scenery ..
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 04-02-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Gods own country, and all of it true Blue.

I've got no idea what you mean Frank

That was the route that the presenters took Alf,it was a very beautiful trip and I wish that I had taken it at sometime in the past,Scotland has some roads that goes through some of the most beautiful places in the world

I've done many different roads all over Scotland the west coast is best but the Cairngorms near me are spectacular.

The Isle of Lewis and Barra a plane lands on the beach from Glasgow fantastic trip.

There's many islands that tourists travel all around with their campervan or indeed do island hoping by bike and tent .
    B&Be are extremely expensive around that areas .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ds_of_Scotland

Cheers Buc.. Wouldn't mind doing some Island hopping in the future ..

Thanks for the links buc

I suppose that's the beauty of a camper van alf,you can just head into the sunset with no real plans in mind,if you do it make sure that you keep me updated,there is so much of Scotland that I haven't seen,the Falkirk Wheel has been on my to do list for years

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Thanks for the links buc

I suppose that's the beauty of a camper van alf,you can just head into the sunset with no real plans in mind,if you do it make sure that you keep me updated,there is so much of Scotland that I haven't seen,the Falkirk Wheel has been on my to do list for years
    Been there done it Chalky.. It works off the same power it takes to boil a kettle ..Unbelievable ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Been there done it Chalky.. It works off the same power it takes to boil a kettle ..Unbelievable ..
    What your campervan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)