+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County

Notts County

7 points from safety in league two .

I'm a traditionalist and Notts County are the oldest club in the football league with a decent stadium and loyal support .

Prepared to park the political bitterness here because this aint reight .

Sincerely hope they can survive this season .

Looked a shocking team at Oakwell in the FA cup and I know clubs don't have a divine right but seeing such a great historical club on it's knees doesn't sit right with me .

Agree wi that , ovva 10k theer yistdi , including arr owd mate Coco , the clown !!!

It's just way football is in recent years. Ask Stockport county, Darlington, York city, Bristol rovers, Grimsby, Halifax town, Tranmere rovers, luton town, Wrexham, Hartlepools, Torquay, Chester city, Lincoln city, Donny Rovers-all clubs with a good history in the football league that have dropped out into non league over the last 25years. Yes it's a shame but it doesn't just happen for no reason, it happens because of being badly run and debts mounting up in most cases. I think Notts County would be the biggest shock out of them all along with when Bristol Rovers went. Im sure they'll be back.

As we've seen with Grimsby and Tranmere it's not easy to get back up because there's some clubs with clout in there, some ambitious clubs that are astute and well run football clubs vying for their place in the football league. As we've seen wi Burton, Fleetwood and Wycombe, you can firmly establish yourself and theyre not too concerned who they replace.

I agree it’s such a shame have good memories of visiting Meadow Lane! But they have been so badly managed over the years to try to keep up with modern day football that it’s criminal.
    All the teams mentioned by P & M have hit bad times at some point but County are the biggest and best known probably along with Leyton Orient last season to have sunk so low?
    They are a club our size so it shows what could happen if you decide to throw caution to the wind and try to chase the big bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I agree it’s such a shame have good memories of visiting Meadow Lane! But they have been so badly managed over the years to try to keep up with modern day football that it’s criminal.
    All the teams mentioned by P & M have hit bad times at some point but County are the biggest and best known probably along with Leyton Orient last season to have sunk so low?
    They are a club our size so it shows what could happen if you decide to throw caution to the wind and try to chase the big bucks!
    Read a story today about the Chairman posting a picture with his tackle out.....
    How more bad can this get! No sentiment in football now really. It’s sad, but like Pass says.... others have been there.
    Would anyone give a f eck if it was us. Nah? Did the fellow Football League chiefs feel sorry for us and vote us into the top division instead of Arsenal? Nah.....
    It’s a shame, but it’s life now.... We can’t live in the 1900’s. I admire Fleetwood, Burton and the like.....Ambition trumps tradition.
    Wish we had more of it.....
    Problem is here at Oakwell, is that if we don’t maintain Profitability, we could end up the same.....
    Shame, but that’s how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    7 points from safety in league two .

I'm a traditionalist and Notts County are the oldest club in the football league with a decent stadium and loyal support .

Prepared to park the political bitterness here because this aint reight .

Sincerely hope they can survive this season .

Looked a shocking team at Oakwell in the FA cup and I know clubs don't have a divine right but seeing such a great historical club on it's knees doesn't sit right with me .
    It’s bad for their fans but why isn’t it right ? They’ve no devine right to stay in the league as much as anyone other club. When you see clubs losing vast amounts of money through mismanagement maybe it kind of justifies our plan of generating our own money rather than being a play thing for owners who saddle clubs with debts they can never pay. They’d give anything to swap positions with us now.

Notts County wa fust away game ad driven too, Paddy Greenwoods debut , i think it wa 1-1 ? ! We couldn't find grarnd , stopped to ask this blowk weer football ground wa ," football ground he sed " f --k off " itwa Nicholas Parsons , nivva liked him the ponce

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It’s bad for their fans but why isn’t it right ? They’ve no devine right to stay in the league as much as anyone other club. When you see clubs losing vast amounts of money through mismanagement maybe it kind of justifies our plan of generating our own money rather than being a play thing for owners who saddle clubs with debts they can never pay. They’d give anything to swap positions with us now.
    Thank you again Patrick.

(Al gi it two minutes )

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It's what happens to the money the club generates though isn't it rather than the philosophy .

Thanks for the positive posts on here about our plight,I thought that there would have been a rubbing.of hands and a look of glee in your eyes because of past history so that's very decent of you
    We've been a league side for 157 years and we are also one of the founder members of the football league but as stated above that doesn't give us a right to be in it next season,I genuinely fear that we will drop into the National League in May as this is the worst season that I've ever experienced in my 40 years supporting Notts,we have been in the bottom two before but not for so long or so early,if we do drop I doubt that we will bounce back again,only two clubs have done that since the two up two down formation and Chesterfield who got relegated to the National League last season are in the bottom four of it this season
    Hardy has put £10m into us in the past two years,a fortune for league two and now after a month of arguing with fans,falling out with Forest over loans and accidentally posting his tadger on Twitter he's had enough and put the club up for sale,it's been a complete disaster with a chairman who thinks that he knows more than the manager when it came to players,we've had three managers alone this season and it won't surprise me if we make it four before the season is out,whoever takes over Notts won't put anything like £10million into it and we will just be a clubs from the old days,Forest already have 4/5 times the fan base that we have and it will only get bigger,our away stand holds 5000 and it usually is way too big for away fans and thats going to get worst when we drop
    I've supported Notts since 79,I usually went to watch Arnold FC then one week when Arnold was away I decided to watch a bigger club,God stepped in and Notts was at home and I was hooked,that same season Forest won the European Cup and then again the following year,Gods got a funny sense of humour at times,anyway fingers crossed for the rest of the season,it's not over until the fat lady sings.....but she's started to gargle
    Last edited by cocopops61; 04-02-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast