+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Being somewhat pedantic, slander is spoken defamation. What is written/published defamation is libel.

Correct George

try pushing defamation through a cival court as it cant be in a criminal court and see what it costs lol ,plus it takes alot more than some slanderous remarks on a message board before a court will even bother with it ,it would have to be a serious case where a person basicly stalked the same person with slandering for along time to get anywhere and even if it did reach court ,9 times out of ten the person taken to court will be low income or on the dole ,iv seen it happen slap on wrist at best ,and the company that took them to court lost thousands in the process in legal costs ,this happend to a guy i know from this town a company he worked for took him to court as he was slandering there name bigtime for over a year ,he got of with it and the company that took him to court lost over 100k in legal fees .

What a lot of ****e you talk Dougal.

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post

its the truth ,try taking someone to court for this and see ,anyways if i feel the need to slag of a player or club official for either bad performing or not doing enough il do it ,and i wont be caring 1 bit about who doesnt like it lol .

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post

trouble is with people nowadays is thay live in a what if world ,scared to say whats on there mind cause of our mollycoddled state ,where as i dont give a ****e what people think .

Well Francis, I for one am quite prepared to stand up and say what I think on social media and to your face, and quite frankly you are behaving like a spoiled child who is looking for a reaction. Thankfully, the vast majority of us do not believe that language suitable for an Irvine Welsh novel is appropriate.

Whether we like it or not, -(and I actually tend to agree with you, that the pendulum has gone too far) people are becoming afraid to say what they think nowadays. Referring to someone as 'coloured' (for example) is now totally unacceptable, and the correct term is 'black.' Look at the furore surrounding Liam Neeson and his completely appalling suggestion that he was seeking to attack a random black person after his friend had been raped. He admitted to having those feelings 40 years ago, yet he is now effectively unemployable because today's society says so.

He probably would have been better not to have uttered a word about it, - but presumably he wanted to off-load the weight from his mind as it was probably damaging to him. Clearly it was utterly unacceptable and thank God he didn't fulfil his desire, - but how many people in the world will have momentarily felt as he did? Even the most religious of us will have felt that revenge is appropriate....an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But the bottom line is this: who can people talk to about their greatest fears and horrors without being judged by the world on social media? How might this impact on mental health?

I am digressing quite a bit Francis, - but today's world is a universe away from the one in which you appear to inhabit and one day your penchant for using foul, offensive and abusive language may well just bite you in the bum.

Without appearing condescending, - can I ask you to concentrate on Queen of the South FC, - because I think you make some bloody good points!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Well Francis, I for one am quite prepared to stand up and say what I think on social media and to your face, and quite frankly you are behaving like a spoiled child who is looking for a reaction. Thankfully, the vast majority of us do not believe that language suitable for an Irvine Welsh novel is appropriate.

Whether we like it or not, -(and I actually tend to agree with you, that the pendulum has gone too far) people are becoming afraid to say what they think nowadays. Referring to someone as 'coloured' (for example) is now totally unacceptable, and the correct term is 'black.' Look at the furore surrounding Liam Neeson and his completely appalling suggestion that he was seeking to attack a random black person after his friend had been raped. He admitted to having those feelings 40 years ago, yet he is now effectively unemployable because today's society says so.

He probably would have been better not to have uttered a word about it, - but presumably he wanted to off-load the weight from his mind as it was probably damaging to him. Clearly it was utterly unacceptable and thank God he didn't fulfil his desire, - but how many people in the world will have momentarily felt as he did? Even the most religious of us will have felt that revenge is appropriate....an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. But the bottom line is this: who can people talk to about their greatest fears and horrors without being judged by the world on social media? How might this impact on mental health?

I am digressing quite a bit Francis, - but today's world is a universe away from the one in which you appear to inhabit and one day your penchant for using foul, offensive and abusive language may well just bite you in the bum.

Without appearing condescending, - can I ask you to concentrate on Queen of the South FC, - because I think you make some bloody good points!

yep jardi i blow off alot of steam now and again likes ,but iv not been using any bad language on here tbh ,and if the word sh ite seems bad language to anyone then maybe you should ask mr nunez about it aswell as i replied to his post which had that same word aboot me lol ,tho im no yin to complain as i dinae bother what people say about me anyways lol ,its aw banter at end of the day .

I like you Francis, you are such a level headed and Balanced poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I like you Francis, you are such a level headed and Balanced poster.

lool thruthhurts dont know about level headed ,maybe bawhead lol would be more appropriate lol .

Jardi: With respect, I hear what you’re saying about the business of swearing but i’m not convinced at all that I agree with you. I’ll come back to you on this. I reckon we need to explore the very meanings of foulness and abuse before we start making huge statements about language.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)