+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Come Uppance for Mackems

OT Come Uppance for Mackems

So, 2/3rds of Sunderland voted for Brexit, and now Nissan aren't going to build their new car line there. And they seem surprised and complain! What goes around comes around, it was inevitable but they couldn't see it coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So, 2/3rds of Sunderland voted for Brexit, and now Nissan aren't going to build their new car line there. And they seem surprised and complain! What goes around comes around, it was inevitable but they couldn't see it coming?
    nothing to do with Brexit they have admitted it's to do with new European emittions

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    nothing to do with Brexit they have admitted it's to do with new European emittions
    I suppose the plans of Panasonic, Ernst and Young, Muji, Unilever, EasyJet, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Smiffy’s and Barclays are ‘nothing to do with Brexit’ either.
    What a brilliant idea it all was...now we’re run according to the wishes of some Irish fundamentalists and, no deal or soft Brexit, we’re going to be worse of than we were before...’kin brilliant. Thanks Farage, IDS and JRB and the rest of the self interested treacherous ‘right’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I suppose the plans of Panasonic, Ernst and Young, Muji, Unilever, EasyJet, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Smiffy’s and Barclays are ‘nothing to do with Brexit’ either.
    What a brilliant idea it all was...now we’re run according to the wishes of some Irish fundamentalists and, no deal or soft Brexit, we’re going to be worse of than we were before...’kin brilliant. Thanks Farage, IDS and JRB and the rest of the self interested treacherous ‘right’.
    I was replying to a remark about Nissan who have emphatically denied it is anything to do with Brexit

I was replying to a remark about Nissan who have emphatically denied it is anything to do with Brexit
    Yep...apologies mista...you’re right and the X Trail is probably more suited to the U.S. market. I just get increasingly ****** off that people - not you - don’t recognise the excercise in national self harm that is Brexit.
    If they don’t understand now, given the amount of companies relocating or threatening to do so, there really is no hope.

Isn't this just the Brexit thread warmed over?

Not quite correct, the decision is not just down to Brexit but the uncertainty over Brexit is certainly a big factor, as it is with a lot of external investors and why investment in the car industry has fallen dramatically since the vote.

The Nissan decision stems from -

Japan now has a free trade deal with the EU so the need to base manufacturing capacity within the EU is much less.

If the Uk is not in the EU, then there is a great deal of uncertainty as to what regulations for cars made here for export to the EU will require, will the UK still align with Eu regulations? So easier to manufacture in Japan for export direct to the EU, no need to worry about UK/EU arrangements.

Uncertainty over the future of diesel, though newer engines being developed will meet standards.

Interesting though what this guy said to a parliamentary select committee (he favours Brexit)

Brexit’s lead economist Prof Patrick Minford on UK car industry:

“You are going to have to run it down ... in the same way we ran down the coal industry and steel industry. These things happen.”

Unfortunately there are going to be a lot of instances where those who voted for brexit will find a direct negative impact on their jobs etc. But no doubt "taking back" control will ease their pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep...apologies mista...you’re right and the X Trail is probably more suited to the U.S. market. I just get increasingly ****** off that people - not you - don’t recognise the excercise in national self harm that is Brexit.
    If they don’t understand now, given the amount of companies relocating or threatening to do so, there really is no hope.
    RA sorry for the delay been to Moorfarm watching U23 spying for Bielsa You have nothing to apologise for just gets me when Brexit gets blame for everything Nissan have said no compulsory redundancies Of course the big firms are going to put an office in the EU but the only send essential staff Barclays of sent 100 to Dublin but still hav 45,600 who hadn't gone Uniler have abandoned plans to move Easyjet have created Easyjet Europe no job losses and still based in Luton Only yesterday the bank of England stated only 4,000 jobs will move before March29 Microsoft government affairs minister expressed optimism stating we've just opened data centres in the UK and will be opening more in 2019-20

RA sorry for the delay been to Moorfarm watching U23 spying for Bielsa You have nothing to apologise for just gets me when Brexit gets blame for everything Nissan have said no compulsory redundancies Of course the big firms are going to put an office in the EU but the only send essential staff Barclays of sent 100 to Dublin but still hav 45,600 who hadn't gone Uniler have abandoned plans to move Easyjet have created Easyjet Europe no job losses and still based in Luton Only yesterday the bank of England stated only 4,000 jobs will move before March29 Microsoft government affairs minister expressed optimism stating we've just opened data centres in the UK and will be opening more in 2019-20

I guess if you voted for Brexit, then you will continue to read the positive and ignore the negatives without actually bothering to read into the details and see that its largely negative.

In fact one only has to read through his thread to see that "evidence"and an understanding of the negative effects which are already impacting on the Uk's economy do not change peoples opinions on the matter at all.

Brxit it seems is a nebulous belief, a faith that somehow the act of leaving the EU will be worth it! The trouble with faith is that isn't swayed by any real evidence or facts, because its a belief and therefore not worth arguing about.

Whilst it is true that it wont be economic Armageddon, most won't see and will perhaps ignore any of the downsides of Brexit and blithely assume it will be Ok on the night - I know from the firms i am working with that have been making plans and are now putting them into action, which is resulting in thousands of jobs and billions of pounds of economic activity out of the UK economy that the downside is real.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I guess if you voted for Brexit, then you will continue to read the positive and ignore the negatives without actually bothering to read into the details and see that its largely negative.

In fact one only has to read through his thread to see that "evidence"and an understanding of the negative effects which are already impacting on the Uk's economy do not change peoples opinions on the matter at all.

Brxit it seems is a nebulous belief, a faith that somehow the act of leaving the EU will be worth it! The trouble with faith is that isn't swayed by any real evidence or facts, because its a belief and therefore not worth arguing about.

Whilst it is true that it wont be economic Armageddon, most won't see and will perhaps ignore any of the downsides of Brexit and blithely assume it will be Ok on the night - I know from the firms i am working with that have been making plans and are now putting them into action, which is resulting in thousands of jobs and billions of pounds of economic activity out of the UK economy that the downside is real.
    Well for a start i couldn't have voted Brexit because I didn't vote at all In well aware of all the negative things you keep harping on about But won't be wasting my time telling you of the positives because your so biased it would go over your head I attend monthly meetings with East Midlands Chamber Of Commerce i speak to business owners on a daily basis and the negativity that people like you and your ilk spread is certainly not shared at the local level i mix with Yes the uncertainty does not help with future finance and investment criteria But that will be resolved when a decision is reached You talk as though businesses are not prepared and we are in for some massive shock In know fan of this government but they have kept businesses well informed has to what to do for all scenarios

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)